Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

"Mom, you look beautiful." Roman chimed as he held Sandra's hand.

Dash laughed, "Not beautiful." He then offered his arm to which Sandra gladly accepted, "The most beautiful."

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

The brunette along with Dash and Roman started walking. Each step was a leap towards a lifetime of love and commitment to the woman waiting in front. Cate was smiling, but the tears dwelling in her eyes were threathening to fall any second now. Sandra looked at the love of her life and she gave her a smile. Cate beamed and her tears fell. She couldn't believe this was happening.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

"You're beautiful." Cate gently spoke, her voice deep and raw, Dash and Roman then gave Sandra's hand to her.

Sandra smiled through her veil, "No, baby. You are."

With a kiss from the boys, Cate took Sandra's hand and together they stood in the altar. Their hearts beating wildly against their chests, - hammering and hammering, prostesting to get out of their ribcages. It was one of the rarest moments of their lives. They heaved a breath, ready to grab and own the fleeting moments slipping out of their hearts.

The priest cleared his throat and when his first word came, Sandra's tears fell again, " Today we have come together to witness the joining of these two lives. For them, out of the routine of ordinary life, the extraordinary has happened. They met each other, became friends, fell in love and are finalizing it with their wedding, today. The bumps of life had kissed them both, but they were able to withstand every bump, every hurricane that came their way. Romance is fun, but true love is something far more and it is their desire to love each other for life and that is what we are celebrating here today. A good marriage must be created. In marriage the little things are the big things. It is never being too old to hold hands. It is remembering to say,  I love you at least once a day. It is never going to sleep angry. It is standing together and facing the world. It is speaking words of appreciation, and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways. It is having the capacity to forgive and forget. It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow. It is a common search for the good and the beautiful. It is not only marrying the right person -- it is being the right partner." The priest stated, he then looked at the two and he smiled smugly seeing the brunette crying, "Oh, the America's one and only Sandra Bullock is crying already." He joked for it was true, Sandra was weeping hard.

The audience laughed. Cate did too. It was a hard moment to sip and their feelings were just overflowing. The blonde took a handkerchief out of her pants pocket, she then inched closer to her crying bride. Without words, she opened Sandra's veil and wiped her tears.

"Cate Blanchett is too excited to kiss her bride." The priest cracked and it made everyone cackle again, "But I get it - this is what a marriage looks like and should be. It is not about the constant saying of I'm here, it is about being present, being there to wipe your wife's tears." Cate smiled at her bride as she covered her face again before she backed away, "My friends, may we all pray for an eternity of love for this couple in front. In the eyes of God, they may be blessed for a thousand lifetime of togetherness. Now, before we officially tie the knots, Catherine Elise, you may say your heart's sentiments towards the love of your life."