The Meeting

main character

Raelynn Daniels

George Fletcher

Preview: They met on an online game by their friend (any name you could think of) and they bonded really well and finally got to meet with each other. 

*sorry guys i know its cringe but idk man its just uhh yeah hope you like it :'D

It was a rainy day when an online friend of mine, George wanted to meet up for a chat at a local coffee shop. We had never met each other face to face before, and it was my first time meeting him. George and I were introduced to each other in an online game by our friend. We bonded over the game and quickly found common ground; we were great friends. Words could not describe how anxious and excited I felt that day, I hoped I would make a good impression and not make things awkward with him. I glanced over at my cat, Primrose, she looked like she is excited for me to meet up with George. Primrose is a Siamese cat and my dad got her for me during my last birthday and I love her so much. Before I left, I washed up some dirty dishes, did my laundry, feed my cat, get ready for the meeting and finally it was time. Around 4:01pm, I was ready to leave, so I grabbed my umbrella, coat, purse, put on my wellington boots and left the house.

A thought popped into my head as I walked past a small antique shop on the way to the coffee shop. It was situated on an old street, where all the flower and art shops were. I had walked past the shop a couple times, but I never actually noticed it that day. I entered the shop with caution, a bell on the top of the door rang as I stepped foot into the shop. An old lady with a kind wrinkly face sat at the corner, petting a white kitten. She warmly smiled at me and continued fondling the cat. The floorboard was wooden, and a few loose boards creaked as I treaded on them. The store had various types of furniture, books, chairs, radios, and all sorts of peculiar items. There were beautiful paintings of Lords and royalty of the ancient times. There were statues of some great kingdom fighters and kings and queens who ruled over a kingdom in that time. Books were everywhere. Each wall was armed with overcrowded yet immaculate shelving. It was barely possible to see the paintwork. There were all different styles and sizes of lettering on the spines of the black, green, red, brown books. It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. All the things were sold at an affordable price. Something caught my eye. It was a journal was a simple green earthy hued cover, warming to the eyes, comforting. Those creased pages within the velvet viridescent cover had a soft touch. Inside the pages looked as if they had bathed in golden rays and taken them in, so softly golden were they. I remembered George liked journaling and decided to purchase that book. I skipped out of the shop happily, whistling to myself. The day was already off to a great start!

I have finally arrived to the local coffee shop where I would meet up with George. I kept my umbrella to the umbrella stand that were provided by the shop and went inside. The second I got in, the smell of coffee tingled my nose and it is very tempting since I cannot wait to order my favourite drink, Caramel Macchiato. I took out my phone and saw an unread message from George and opened them. It says, "Hey, I'm nearly there. Can you take a seat and save one for me?", to which I immediately replied, "Yes, I will.". A waitress greeted me and asked how many people are joining me and I said only one is coming. She brought me to our seat and handed me the menu, it has a variety of drinks and foods, and I ordered my favourite drink, Caramel Macchiato and a donut. Few minutes passed by when a man stepped into the shop. He wore a sweater, denim jeans and a jacket. His dark curly hair looked messy but neat at the same time. The man looked as if he was rushing to get inside, but on top of everything, he was an attractive man and I wished I could get his number and hang out sometime, I thought. I got back to reality when my phone buzzed and it was a message from George. It says, "I'm here, finally! Where are you?", I replied saying, "Oh, I'm sitting beside a window and there's a small flower decoration on the table." Then the same man I saw earlier slowly approached me and said his name was George Fletcher and I looked at him, surprised by how he looked and told him my name and he sat on the chair.

He ordered his order and our order came at the same time. We chatted for as long as I could remember while drinking and eating our food. We talked about how we first met and how we got so close together as if we were a twin. We talked about our hobbies and turns out he almost have the same hobbies as me. All we have done is just talking and sipping coffee and eating, more like having fun knowing about each other more. After all the chatting and laughing, we decided to call it a day. It was already 6:26pm when we called it and I wanted to hang out with him some other time and he agreed to it. He walked me home and Primrose got out of the house to greet George, more like meowing at him. George said that he will bring his pet dog sometime during our hang outs and I can't wait for it. I am so happy that we met because I finally get to see his face and know about him better and fulfilled my dream to meet him. I called a cab for him and said my goodbyes and it was a wonderful day.

*uh yeah that's it for today's essay and uhh i'll be uploading the others when i have time and wheni got my papers back. yeah bye!