21 Chump Street

Me: Hello, everyone! Welcome to today's episode of Musical Characters React!

Usnavi: We hope you've had a great week!

Catherine of Aragon: What are we reacting to today?

Me: Ooh! Straight to the point today, okay! Today's winning request is by that_boleyn_girl

Anne Boleyn: Love the username!

Sonny:...NO! NOT ANGST!!!

Benny:  Sonny, you've seen this?

Sonny: Of course! The story is so sad!

Veronica: Well, it could be worse...

J.D.: Yup.

Jefferson: What's this about?

Me: So 21 Chump Street is a 15 minute musical written by Lin-Manuel Miranda...

Hamilton: THIS GUY AGAIN?!

Me: Shut up, Alex! Anyway...so yeah, Lin wrote it, Anthony Ramos stars it it. It is based on a true story about a boy named Justin Laboy who was tricked by a girl he had a crush on, who just so happened to be an undercover cop, into dealing marijuana to her, which is a felony because it is against the law for someone over 18 to be dealing drugs on school grounds in Florida.

Daniela: No me diga! I don't know why marijuana hasn't been decriminalized sill...

Carla: Yeah...

Katherine Howard: Wow! That is a REALLY sad story.

Heather M.: I know, right?

Me: Let's get to watching the musical! The whole thing's on YouTube!

(I turn on YouTube on the Smart TV and play the video below)

[During "What The Heck I Gotta Do"]

Sonny: What's REALLY sad about this story is that Justin had a bright future, with straight As and everything.

Angelica: Wow, Justin must really like this Naomi girl.

Katherine Howard: Um..."mature in the body" should've raised a red flag that Naomi is not what she seems.

Veronica: Huh, they both moved from New York...

Laurens: And he's kinda...helpless for her!

(Eliza smiles and rolls her eyes jokingly)

Hamilton: Uh...bad idea on trusting Naomi right away...he barely knows her!

Benny: Yup, Hamilton's right.

Usnavi: Wow...he even asked her to prom...

Sonny: Ahhh, "I'll think about it", the worst answer your crush could give you.

[During "One School"]

 Heather D.: She can't even use her real name?!

Me: Well...she's an undercover cop...

Catherine Parr: And it looks like drugs are pretty common at that school...

Sonny: She's NOT doing her job or doing it right!

Anne Boleyn: NO, JUSTIN DON'T OFFER TO GET WEED FOR HER! SHE'S TRYING TO TRICK YOU!

[During "Cousin"]

Jefferson: He has to go through all this trouble to get a bag of weed?

Me: Yup. And keep in mind, he hasn't done this before so he doesn't know an immediate person who can hook him up with something.

Katherine Howard: Ohhh...

Jane Seymour: "Is your dealer a student?" ohhhh buddy, BIG red flag there!

Anna of Cleves: Yup, you're right. And if someone makes you get them drugs in the name of "love", get out of there quickly.

[During "The Money"]

Veronica: JUSTIN NO-!

J.D.: If Justin takes the money, then he is officially a drug dealer.

Sonny: The sad thing is that he doesn't know what Naomi's trying to do to him...

[During "Epilogue"]

Jane Seymour: (in tears) No....

Usnavi: Poor Justin...

Sonny: Again, Naomi is NOT doing her job and doing it right unless her job is to RUIN KIDS' FUTURES!

Heather D.: Well, the cops came quick...

Heather M.: He even went to jail? No...!

Lafayette: Just because her family had history of drug abuse, which is very unfortunate, does not mean she can do such a thing like ruin Justin's future!

Laurens: It's a pretty poignant ending...

(Everyone cries during the last "What the heck did you do"s)

(The video ends)

Me: So what did everyone think?

Catherine of Aragon: It was pretty sad!

Carla: (Sniffing) I didn't ask to sign permission trip for a feels trip!

Daniela: It's really screwed up, what Naomi did to Justin.

Laurens: Yeah, it is...

Veronica: The ending made me cry! A lot!

Me: Yeah, the ending was really say. Okay, that's all the time we have for today! Feel free to request, comment, and vote! Until next time! Bye everyone!