Over The River

Rose's POV

This was weird. And I don't get weirded out easily. It was also really scary. I mean the creepy poem was completely unnecessary. The guy could have just given us a map or something. I could have even worked with simple instructions. I didn't like being alone "watching over the campsite" ugh. It was kind of scary being out here all by myself.... Surrounded by volcanoes. I was imagining we could go to old Paris for a romantic date or something. Oh well. It's never like that with him. I'm okay with it though. That's one of the reasons I love him. He's so unpredictable.

It was starting to get dark. The ground rumbled. I was thrown down on my knees. It was shaking very badly. I blinked and it had suddenly stopped. I was lying on a beach with the sound of a breeze softly whispering in my ears. I guess this planet lived up to it's reputation.
"ROSE! ARE YOU OKAY?! WHERE ARE YOU?" My doctor called.
"Yes I'm fine. I don't think we have time to set up camp. We should probably go now because it's nighttime and cooler." I replied. Then the doctor cam barreling towards me and gave me a big hug.
"She's okay." He kept repeating to himself as he kissed the top of my head.
"Ugh would you two cut it out so we can get going already?!" The master groaned
I nodded and whispered to my doctor, "It's alright sweetheart I'm right here. We should probably get going."
He nodded and regained his composure. "Right! Let's go." We started walking along the beach type landscape. There were plants every so often but not much.
It wasn't long before the master said, "We are supposed to be going over a river and not a beach correct?"

~5 hours later~

"Rose are you sure we are going the right way darling? It's been a very long time and we still haven't seen a river." The Doctor said cautiously
"Yes dear. And if you have a problem with it you might oh I don't know... HELP ME!!!" I replied. If you ever travel somewhere or are on a nature hike or anything. NEVER let the men outnumber the women. The two boys behind me had been fighting the whole time. As they decided to not stop arguing, I decided that I, the woman, was the dominant person here so I would lead the other two. I could here them arguing right now.
I sighed, turned on them and yelled in my loudest and most commanding voice, "WOULD YOU TWO JUST SHUT UP FOR GODS' SAKE!!!!!" They looked at me, eyes wide in fear. I smiled sweetly and said "Thank you boys" I spun on my heel and kept walking. It was pretty dark here but this planet had three moons apparently and they all guided our way.

Suddenly, I heard something like the crashing of waves on a beach. I ran forward and behold... A river with a boat and a helicopter in front of it. It was a bit strange but I didn't care.
"Boys I think I found the river... And. A helicopter... And a boat." I cheered. They both ran over and stared at the beautiful sight. I went down to the helicopter. There was a note on it that said.

Dear Doctor, his woman, and his enemy,
Congratulations! You have survived a little trek across the planet. Now you realize in the poem I said "over the river" not "through the river" I have decided to be gracious since its your first day. You can either fly the helicopter over the river or you can take the boat. (the helicopter only has enough fuel to get you slightly over the river.) there is a little food and water on each and some more appropriate clothes for you to change into. Choose wisely!
Your friend,
Davros

Okay, weird. The guy was helping us now that's a bit suspicious but I'll take the help.
"Boys come on down here! We got another note from our little friend!" They ran down and the doctor grabbed the note before the master could.
"Doctor darling. Be a dear and share with master. Thank you!" I swear this is like herding cats. The doctor reluctantly let the master read the note with him.
After they finished I said, "I think we need to get the supplies from the boat and put them on the helicopter. Then we can fly the helicopter over the river." They both nodded and we went on the boat and grabbed the "supplies". What I mean by this is the food was peeps, gummy worms, a jar of Nutella, and a giant tub of ice cream with three spoons. Thanks Davros. There was sufficient clothing though thank god. I decided to get changed into more appropriate clothing. At the moment I was wearing a long sleeve shirt, jeans, and boots. Not good for walking in. So I grabbed the t-shirt, leggings, and tennis shoes that were obviously meant for me and quickly changed. I grabbed the "food" and the boys grabbed the many water bottles provided and we each grabbed a backpack. We walked to the helicopter and dumped everything inside.
"Alrighty boys, does anyone know how to fly a helicopter?" I asked dreading the answer.
"I DO!!!" They both shouted. Oh dear this was going to be difficult.
"Doctor dear you can fly it. Sorry master you can't really blame me for not really trusting you yet." The doctor smiled and the master shrugged and looked a little bit annoyed. After we had all gotten into the helicopter with the master in the front of the helicopter to help him pilot and me in the back, we took off.
"Alright ready Rose darling... Master?" The doctor asked. We both nodded.
Then he said "Well then, ALLON-ZY!!!!!!" We took off.
"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!" The master and I yelled. The doctor did NOT know how to fly a helicopter.
"DOCTOR DEAR WHEN DID YOU LEARN TO FLY A HELICOPTER?!?!?!?" I yelled.
"WITH AMELIA ARHEART SOME TIME AGO! WHY DO YOU ASK?" He called back. Oh dear that was NOT good.
"DARLING THIS IS A HELICOPTER NOT A OLD FASHIONED AIRPLANE!!!!" We were doomed.
The master voiced this opinion as he said "WE'RE ALL GOING TO REGENERATE EXCEPT FOR ROSE WHO WILL JUST BE VERY HURT!!! AHHHHH!!!" The conversation went on like this for about half an hour for we finally landed. The master and I leaped out practically praising the land.
"That wasn't so bad!" The doctor said. The master and I gave him dirty looks and he threw up his hands defensively.
"Never mind that. Let's just start getting everything out of there and get some sleep. The sun is starting to come up." I said. They both nodded and we got to work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi y'all! So omg y'all we officially have 1k reads!!!! I would like to thank all of you, my readers. And some friends. Thank you to RoseRiverPond for just being amazing in general and being so fun to talk to and putting up with our rants! Also jacquella for being encouraging at school and just cool in general! I'm just gonna go completely off topic and say that I've been re-watching some Supernatural and have started to speak in Rowena's accent a few times. It's so annoying but really fun am I the only one who does that? Whatever that's cool. Oh well that's about it!
See ya later alligators!,
~Maddie🐗