𝟏. 𝐎𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐲

Start from the beginning

I know that all of my friends are with someone, some are even engaged! Two years ago, I broke up with my boyfriend. He was abusive, and not kind at all. I'm not ready to fall in love again, but if I do one day, I know that I'm going to end up hurt anyway.

I start cleaning up the counter, and the kitchen in the back. When I get back to the counter, the man is still there.

He looks a little worried, a little sad maybe. I don't want to interfere, but I also don't want people to feel bad. I walk over to his table, and look at him again.

He immediately looks at me, with a very arrogant expression

He immediately looks at me, with a very arrogant expression. "Oh, um, I'm sorry" I say, and I turn around again. "Is something wrong, Miss?" he asks. I stop walking, and turn around again.

"I was going to ask you if you're okay, because you look upset you know? But never mind, I guess you just want to be alone" I add. "Oh, I don't. It's fine. Why do you think that I want to be alone?" the man asks in reply.

"That look on your face tells me that I should leave you alone" I tell, and he drops that arrogant look. "I'm... I'm sorry... That's just- I look like that a lot so... It's kind of automatically" he nervously explains.

I slowly nod, and keep looking at him. "Because you look at your family like that?" I ask. He silently sighs, and nods. "Yeah, my family sucks" the man replies.

"Do you live with them?" I ask, leaning my hands on the table. "No, God no! But they have this stupid dinner thing once a week. Every Sunday night, the whole family, it sucks" the man replies.

"Can't you call in sick?" I ask, still looking at him. "I could, but I did that way too many times already. Last time, they came to my house and dragged me with them. They're really serious about that dinner thing" he chuckles, making me softly laugh.

"Anyway, I should go. You're probably closing soon" he adds. "Actually, we're opened 24/7 so don't worry about that" I reply, and he slightly frowns.

"Don't you want to go home?" he asks again, and I remove my hands from the table. "No, I'm staying until the morning shift starts" I reply with a smile. "Really? How late is that?" he asks in reply. "8am, so that'll take a while" I giggle. He looks into my eyes, and softly smiles.

 He looks into my eyes, and softly smiles