Chapter Seven: Red

Start from the beginning

'I agree,' Gary said as he began to shuffle the paper. 'Who do you think will win, though?'

Leaf thought for a moment, 'Well, to be honest, I don't really know much about other groups other than our own, Misty and Ash's, Dawn and Paul's and Drew and May's. But I doubt they'd be much competition anyway.'

'Don't judge a book by its cover,' Gary quoted.

Leaf rolled her eyes, then continued, 'If anything, Dawn is competition. Though she's really shy to admit it, her voice is really something. It's like Arianna Grande's, really. Sometimes I wonder why she can be so shy about her voice. I mean, she's sung in front of hundreds of people before, and yet, her problem makes her vulnerable to the simplest slip up. Personally, I think she's afraid of making a mistake, but I won't delve into that just yet. From what I know, Paul's voice is the kind that will hush a crowd. It's kinda quiet, like his personality, but really rough and deep. Well, at least that's what I've heard. If the rumours are true, they are both a force to be reckoned with.'

'What do you think about the rest?' Gary asked.

'Well... Misty and Ash will do just fine, I guess. Misty's voice is all loud, and full of life. It's like Demi Lovato's voice or Katy Perry's. Ash, well... I haven't heard much about him yet. I only know that his voice is one that one doesn't expect. I'm thinking it's far from his personality. Anyway, Drew and May. I'd describe May's voice as Ellie Goulding's, really. Her voice is really soft, but on the high notes, she can go really high. To have that naturally, is such a talent. Drew, I haven't heard his voice yet, but I'm thinking Olly Murs or Ed Sheeran. Really suave. The kind of voice that would make girls swoon.'

'How very observant of you,' Gary smirked, sitting down on her bed.

Leaf rolled her eyes, about to retort when suddenly, the door burst open.

The two whirled around to find a black-haired teen at the door, panting.

'L-Le-Leaf!' He stuttered, grasping the doorknob to steady himself.

'Red, is that you?!' She couldn't hide the expression of growing joy and surprise on her face. 'What are you doing here? I thought you were still touring Hoenn! Where's the rest of the gang?'

'Slow down, Leaf,' Gary cautioned, glaring daggers at the guy who had to interrupt their conversation. 'Who is this guy?'

Leaf, who was helping Red up, turned to Gary with an apologetic smile. 'Sorry Gary, for not telling you earlier. Gary, this is Red, my boyfriend.'

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

'She bloody has a freaking boyfriend!' The teen had sought refuge in his dorm room. It looked like someone had rummaged through the drawers and cabinets and littered paper on the ground. In other words, it was a mess.

'Whoa, Gary, what did you do to the place?' Unknowing he had left the door wide open, Drew, Paul and Ash had crept through the door and we're now leaning side-by-side in a corner.

'What are you guys doing here?' Gary asked, his voice coming out unusually dull.

'Hello, this is my dorm room too,' Drew pointed out. He glanced at the other two, 'Don't ask me why they are here.'

Paul muttered a barely audible, 'I'm gonna bloody kill you,' and Ash just stood there with this perplexed look on his face. Finally, he said, 'Paul dragged me along.'

The emo teen let out an annoyed huff, 'Idiot. I 'dragged' you along because you were muttering something like 'must ask Gary for advice', or something like that. Figured you were going to ask Gary about homework or something. It would be better for you to interrogate him than me.'

'I wasn't going to ask him about homework,' Ash whined, poking the teen in the face. 'I need advice for a girl.'

'Oh, lookie here; Ash finally found himself a love life,' Paul exclaimed sarcastically. He found it exceedingly hard to believe that the 'King of Denseness' had fallen for someone. Plus, Paul thought Ash was definitely not straight.

'It's true!' Ash insisted. 'I've finally found the one!' He then went on describing the sheer prettiness and beauty and lollipops and flowers of love that even Drew grimaced and plugged his ears.

Gary, however, was on the breaking point.

'Shut up!' He yelled, stopping Ash in mid-sentence and startling the whole party. 'Just shut up and leave me alone! I bloody hate it when you guys don't leave me some privacy when I need it! This is the last kind of bull-crap I need!'

The last sentence was followed by several notebooks and pens flung to the other side of the room. Both the boys winced. But Drew had finally come to a conclusion.

'It's about Leaf, isn't it,' he said matter-of-factly.

The brunette blinked, ready to deny the accusation. Instead, he found himself saying, 'How'd you know?'

Drew snorted, 'Oh please. It's obvious you've fallen head-over-heels for her. Every time you stare at her, it's like a spark ignites in your eyes. And, you drop off in a daze when you're having a conversation with us, and she stops by to say hi. Face it man. You. Love. Her.'

For once, Gary was speechless. What Drew said was perfectly insane, but it perfectly made sense. He had always had a thing for Leaf, even if he was mildly unaware. He couldn't resist those glittering, honey eyes, the peachy scent that would linger once she left the room, her soft, ivory skin, her lips- he had thought once or twice about kissing them.

Yes, it had finally come to light. Gary Oak, pervert and proud, had fallen for good-girl Leaf Green.
-----------------------------------------------
You guys love me so much for finally making an Oldrivalshipping chapter ^^. Can you guess what song Leaf and Gary are going to sing in the duet? (even though it is incredibly easy since I gave you a line of it) Leave your guesses in the comments!

-xxxSkittlesxxx