Cherry Chapstick

Friday

Jade looked in the mirror at her dress, it was short, flowy, and black. she loved how the sleeves draped off her shoulders. She wore black, platform heels that made her a few inches taller. She was accessorized with a few rings, a bracelet, and the necklace that Tori gave to her. She showered, curled her hair, did her makeup, and even put on her favorite perfume. She stared in the mirror, she needed to make sure she looked perfect. It was a special occasion.

Tori also had on a short dress, similar to Jade's but it was dark purple. Tori also showered, curled her hair, and did her makeup. She made sure to put on her favorite shiny pink lipgloss as a finishing touch. She grinned in the mirror.

"Tori there's a car outside!" Trina yelled up the stairs.

"Ok, I'll be down in a minute." Tori yelled back, she figured it was Jade's car since it was just about 6:30.
Tori walked down the stairs carefully, she made sure to watch each step so she wouldn't trip and break her new high heels. Trina watched Tori struggling to keep her balance and snickered.

"Who are you so dressed up for?" Trina asked as she took a big bite from her sandwich.

Tori rolled her eyes, "It's a dance, you're supposed to get dressed up." She pointed out. "Also it's none of your business."

"I'm telling dad!" Trina teased. "He won't be happy if he finds out you went out with a guy looking like that!"

"Whatever, it's not like I'm doing something bad anyway. It's a school dance!" Tori replied, annoyed at her sister's teasing.

Trina laughed, "Good luck with those heels."

Tori sighed and looked down at her shoes, "Should I change?" She asked.

Trina nodded, "Wear the ones you wore to Aunt Jen's wedding. I think they're in the closet."

Tori looked through the closet, she spotted the shoes and put them on. They were a lot easier to walk in. Her feet were instantly relieved.

A car horn honked outside.

"Not very patient is he?" Trina asked.

Tori cringed at the word at Trina's assumption, but she decided not to correct her. She didn't want Trina to get the wrong idea, they were just going as friends.

"I guess I should get going then." Tori said, opening the front door.

"Have fun!" Trina shouted.

Tori walked outside, she was right, it was Jade's car. The window was rolled down and Jade was on her phone probably texting someone. Tori opened the car door, nervously. Jade glanced at her as she sat down causing Tori's stomach to twist into knots.

"You look nice." Jade complemented, as Tori shut the car door.

Tori smiled slightly and blushed, "Thanks. You do too." She replied nervously, glancing at Jade.

As they drove, Tori felt a sudden rush of nervousness, she didn't know why. Tori had been to plenty of dances, it was nothing new for her. Maybe it was the fact that she was going with Jade, or maybe it was because she was saving a dance for Andre. Either way, Tori tried her best to prepare herself.

Before they knew it, the two were at the school looking for Cat and Robbie. They wanted to make sure Cat didn't run away this time. Sure enough, Cat and Robbie were on the dance floor, dancing together like a real couple. Tori thought it was cute, Cat and Robbie were destined to get together and she was so glad they did.

"I'm gonna go request a song!' Tori exclaimed when she spotted the DJ booth. She quickly ran towards the booth.

Jade spotted André who stood near the punch bowl. She walked over to him, noticing he was alone.
"Do you have a date?" Jade asked, curiously.