Ninth~NighT

The group has assembled at the nearest Starbucks, sipping drinks.

"We talked about saving Katarina, but how do we do it? We're not close to her here." Maria mused, swirling her straw around her sweet drink.

Geordo placed his cup down and laced his hands together. "We need to find an opportunity where we would be able to be together with Katarina."

"Without being suspicious." Alan finished for him.

"Sus." Sophia grinned.

"What?"

"Sus."

Keith blinked slowly, unable to comprehend Sophia's weird reply, before shaking his head in dismissal.

"How about a group project?" He suggested. "I heard from one of the professors that he will assign groupings for a project the day after tomorrow."

"Oh! Nice idea!" Alan grinned. "If we somehow get to be in the same group as Katarina, we would be able to be close to her the whole project making!"

"Maybe even see her room~" Mary smirked.

"I like your thinking, Mary." Geordo agreed with a smirk as well. "I simply can't wait~"

"Hold it, you two." Keith deadpanned. "No one is allowed to fantasize going to Sister's room. Even more so that this is her original room."

Mary and Geordo slumped in their seats, a gloomy atmosphere enveloping there. "Okay..."

"But...when will we get to be in the same group as Katarina?" Nicol spoke up.

Sophia slumped in her chair, crossing her arms as she donned a contemplative face. "That's the problem. Most groupings are randomly generated and if we don't get to be in the same group as Katarina, who knows when the chance will rise again?"

Geordo gasped in realization as he jolted up. "I know!" He exclaimed. "At the very least, one of us must be in the same group as Katarina. Then, that person will befriend her so she would trust them. After, they will introduce Katarina to the rest."

The group brightened up, soon making bets on the reward of whoever gets to be Katarina's groupmate.

Alas, said discussion proved to be unnecessary.

❈•≫────≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫────≪•❈

"And Group 5: Smith Gerald and Aaron, Helen Mary, Klaus Kyle and Maria, Sasaki Atsuko, Acord Nicol and Nakamura Aiko." Setsuki-sensei announced.

'Damn. Talk about a miracle.' The group thought.

"Yay!" Aiko cheered, "We're in the same group!"

"Yes, Aiko-san!" Mary cheerily agreed. "Please take care of me!"

"Likewise, Mary-san!" Aiko replied.

"Please take care of me as well, Aiko-san~" Geordo winked, much to Mary's utter disgust.

"Mm!" Aiko nodded. "Same here too, Gerald-kun!"

"Where shall we work on this project, Aiko-san?" Keith asked the cue.

"Oh! Oh!" Atsuko jumped. "Why not at Ai-chan's place?"

"A splendid idea!" Mary grinned. "Are you okay with that, Aiko-san??"

"Yep! My parents would be fine with that!" Aiko agreed.

"How about you guys?" Mary turned to the others. "Ka-er, Aiko-san's house?"

Alan flinched a little at Mary's mistake, but no one really noticed.

"Yeah, I'm free." Alan answered. "How about you, Kyle? Maria? Nicol?"