mums and pants.

louis squealed, hiding his face back behind the pillow clutched in his little hands. "mum!" harry yelled, practically diving over louis not-so-hidden body.

"darling... ya gave me quite a scare." she breathed heavily, hauling one of the heavier-looking grocery bags up onto the counter.

"who've you got here?" she nodded towards louis' almost completely hidden body, starting to store away the food.

"oh-uh, just my friend. thought i would have them over to sleep for the weekend, yeah?" harry stood up, motioning for louis to store away behind the sofa.

"sounds alright, can i meet this mysterious friend?" she smiled, kissing harry's cheek as he reached past her to grab a packet of doritos.

"nah, maybe tomorrow. they fell asleep while we were watching." he shrugged, leaning against the counter as he took satisfactory in the loud pop that came from the chips bag.

"oh, alright. i'll be gone in the morning. maybe another time?" harry took the box from her hand and reached over to slid it onto the refrigerator.

"yeah, mum," he chuckled, kissing here cheek, "i'll be off to bed. night, mum."

"goodnight!" she yelled back as harry jogged up the stairs, grabbing the left over chinese takeout off the sofa table.

"louis?" he whisper-shouted, tip-toeing throughout the floor. not until three minutes after searching through almost anything (louis' a cat, cat's get into things, right?) he heard the washer down the hall start to buzz.

his green eyes widened and he took off down the hallway. "louis!" he whisper-yelled, stumbling into the small tile room.

"yes?" he smiled, looking around at harry from his place criss-cross on the floor, watching as the blue material harry recognized as his panties from before swirl around through the glass door.

he hissed under his breath, biting his lip harshly as he watched louis -- his hair was adorably tussled from hiding his face in the pillow -- turn back around and stare at the circular movement.

then they just sorta stood there. and stood there. and stoo- well, actually, harry was standing there. louis was still looking at his underwear whirl around inside the washer like it was all his biggest dreams combined.

"harry?" he quickly turned around the doorway (without falling, he was quite proud) and slammed the door shut, smiling when he saw her emerge from the staircase.

"you okay?" she seemed drowsy, so harry took advantage of that. "don't worry 'bout me, mum. you've better get to bed." he pushed her into her bedroom, smiling when she collapsed onto the bed and closed the door carefully.

finally, he heard the washer stop and hurried down the hallway. "loui-" he just about made it into the room, but stopped when his poor eyes witnessed the undeniably stimulating sight of him sliding them onto his hips.

louis shrieked, turning around while they were fully on his body. "sorry!" harry croaked, voice hoarse from the silent screaming muffled by his teeth.

instead, louis pouted, dropping his head down to do what looked like stare down at himself. "what's wrong?" it was an admissible question, so he asked.

"they're wet." he crossed his arms stubbornly, dropping down onto the floor. "yeah? and?" louis stayed pouty, arms still crossed.

"make them not wet." he huffed, looking up at harry with squinty eyes. "well, love, you've got to put them in the dryer." harry chuckled, leaning against the wooden door frame.

"nuh-uh! i have to make them dry!" louis seemed sincerely confused and harry tried not to coo for the twentieth time since louis' been there.

"babe, you need to put them in the dry - er. that makes them dry." harry explained. "will you do it for me?" louis looked up at harry as he walked into the room, across to the dryer.