Ch 15: Moonlight Facade

[ A/N: The Artwork is done by me.♡ ]

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

It was dark. So so dark. And a little stuffy. Where was she? It felt too small, this tiny place she was tucked into. It felt too tight.

Letting her small hand reach around herself she touched the wall she leant on. Rough surface with a square-ish shape. Brick?

Most likely. The other two walls were made of something else, smoother and probably thinner. The floor felt cold, but it was free of any dirt or rocks.

Tuning into her hearing more, she concentrated on the faint sounds above her. Nearly inaudible clinking of dishes and heavy footsteps. So the person was possibly a male.

Shifting slightly to accommodate the growing pain in her legs, she kept listening until it sounded as though a telly were turned on. It was quite loud.

Suddenly the footsteps slowly got louder and nearer. Shifting back to her previous position and holding still, she tried to emulate the energy of a dead squirrel. Because dead things don't move.

A door opened and a person stepped inside, flicking a light on somewhere in the room. Hearing a lock be undone, the door to her box opened. Her legs slide from thier cramped position of thier own accord.

She could feel the stare. A cold shiver ran down her spine as she tried to keep still. The longer it took her to wake up the least likely they'll get too close.

Probably. Hopefully.

The person sighed and started to pace back and forth in agitation. Soon enough they seemed much to irritated to wait. The person stomped their foot on the ground and scuffled around before leaving.

Lillian opened her eyes slowly and blinked several times before her eyes finally adjusted. The small bit of light given off the lamp the man turned on showed her surroundings.

She was sitting in a makeshift box-like section of the room against the brick wall. The room looked.... odd. For a grown up that is.

It had a small curvy bench on one side. On the wall across from her sat a rack of clothes, a book case filled with books in the top shelf and shoes in the bottom. A small tea table sat near a door, completely vacant of anything, but a sweets holder.

Lillian continued peering at everything as best she could without moving an inch. The reason it was odd to her was because the room was styled for a child. A little girl. Like her.

Dread filled her as she realized that this person had prepared for her stay. They were planning to keep her here. Away from her mum, away from Dudley.

That was the moment she remembered what had happened. She had been standing on the porch of her house when she felt someone grab her shoulder. Turned her around, making her drop the toy she held, and placed something onto her face.

She couldn't breath properly, and whatever she was inhaling made her head feel all funny. As her vision swam, she fell into someones arms. Scratchy hands, big person, long strides.

Fighting against whatever she was feeling, she had looked out the window and somewhat recognized the woman from number seven. And then it all went black.

So she had been kidnapped. Good to know. Though that was pretty obvious from her surroundings. Her brain had needed to realize is all. Well, now what? She had to escape.

But how? This person was prepared to have her here. From the small furniture, to the dresses on the rack. It was made for her to use. Which meant that they knew she would try to escape. Anyone would really.

The door suddenly opened and she closed her eyes. Good thing she hadn't moved or she would've been caught. Close call. Do better. Lillian scolded herself.

The person stomped in once again and before her brain registered the danger. They grabbed her. Lillian's eyes flashed open and closed quickly. She was half-carried half-dragged across the room and dropped onto the floor.

Hitting her head, she groaned from the pain. Blinking her eyes open again, as if she hadn't been awake already, she stared at the man's shocked face.

Her face suddenly drained of color and her abdomen tightened in fear. She's seen him before. Where? Where- The park! This was the guy from the park! The one watching the-

Energy suddenly hitting her body, Lillian scrambled away from the man just as he snapped back. His face screwed up with anger and annoyance, he stepped forward and grabbed her roughly. Shoving a cloth to her face, he waited.

Feeling her muscles stop working properly as her head fogged up, she struggled only a bit more before everything went dark again.

If only she could plan her escape while unconscious.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

Waking up again in the dark room, Lillian was layed on the floor where the man had left her. Back aching as she sat up.

Turning her head, she let her eyes adjust once again, but this time to the light of the moon streaming down through a high window on the benches side.

Moving to stand, she noticed that her body felt heavier. Looking down she could make out her outfit, it had been changed. The man had changed her clothes.

Lillian's thoughts stopped. Everything had paused, and then started again just as abruptly. Suddenly feeling overwhelmed by her mind going a mile a minute, she bent forwards and heaved breaths in and out slowly.

She needed to find a way out. Quickly. Standing up, Lillian made her way to the window. She took her shoes off and stepped onto the bench, climbing it easily enough. Reaching the ledge, she pulled herself up as best she could.

Looking outside through the musty window, lillian found herself staring at another building. It was maybe only a few feet away. Too many to jump. Not that there was anywhere to land. It was just a brick wall.

Looking to the left she could make out the street, to the right was a dead end. Okay. At least she knew there was a street. Maybe she could get help fast if she called someone.

But there was no indication of what the street was called. She gave a silent huff in frustration. This would take a long, long time. Suddenly she froze as she caught ear of a door opening from above her.

She slipped off the window ledge and landed on the bench silently. Placing her shoes back on, she quietly made her way back to the corner. She sat down, slightly hidden behind the clothes rack.

'Please', she said in her mind as the door handle turned, 'please help me'.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

[ A/N: Alrighty folks, it's grand writing for all of you lovely chaps, good day/night and Thank You to everyone reading my story!♡ ]

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆