CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Taylor! I brought you a snack! Taylor?" Andrea Swift said cheerfully, walking into the room. She let out a piercing scream, causing me to shoot my eyes open rapidly, un-attaching the fake noose from around my neck.

"No no no no no! Mom, I'm okay! I'm okay, I'm so sorry! Oh my god, It's okay, I'm okay, I'm so sorry. Oh my god-" I said frantically, giving her a tight hug, ignoring the crumbs of toast that was now covering my bedroom floor.

"That's not funny, Taylor." My mom whispered, as she clung on tight to me.

"Mom, I am so sorry, for being a horrible person." I said, now on the verge of tears.

"What? Where are you going?" My mom said, as I started to gather my stuff in a bag, ready to leave.

"Out." I said simply. I couldn't explain what I needed to do, if i did they wouldn't understand, so it was best that they don't know.

"When will you be back?" My mom told me frightfully.

"That's a good question." I replied walking past her and down the stairs, leaving my mum, bewildered and confused, still stood in my bedroom.

When I got to school, there were already students lining the hallways, waiting to go into hall for an assembly, I passed Mrs Parton on the gate, who stopped me, a confused look on her face.

"Taylor? Calvin Harris told me you'd just committed suicide! I threw together a lovely tribute, especially considering the short notice..." She said clearly very confused. I ignored her comment and got straight to what I needed to do.

"Mrs Parton, what's under the gym?" I asked her quickly. She gave me an even more confused look.

"The boiler room? Taylor, what's going on?" She said now extremely confused with my questions.

"Got no time to talk, Thanks Mrs Parton." I said simply, setting off to the school basement, where Adam had showed me when he lied to me about the bullets.

I found him there, getting his bomb ready, grinning like a psychopath, I noticed his loaded gun on the table and quickly grabbed it, aiming it straight at him.

"Step away from the bomb." I told him nervously. He looked up, and his smile grew wider as he saw me there.

"I thought you'd lost your taste for faking suicides, but you do look sexy with that gun, you should do that more often. And this is not a bomb. This is just to trigger the thermals in the gym, they're the real bombs." He explained, giving me his usual psychopathic grin. God he really was crazy.

"Adam? Who made you like this?" I asked quietly. He looked up and gave me a genuine smile.

"No one, I made myself like this. Ever since my mom was murdered , I decided I needed to punish those who hurt the people I loved. I'm not a bad guy, I'm just making sure, the people who deserve it pay for it." He said angrily. I stepped closer to him cautiously, slightly lowering the gun.

"No one deserves death. And I'm sorry about your mom, I didn't know." I told him, now lowering the gun completely.

"Hey, you don't need to be sorry, my dad was the one who needed to be sorry, he was the one who destroyed our family. My mum was in the building, he set it on fire, the whole thing went up in flames, my mom was still inside. I remember her looking out the window, waving to me, before she was taken. He knew she was still inside, but still he set it alight, he knew." Adam said, a tear falling from his bloodshot eyes, it was the first time I'd seen him cry. I dropped the gun on the floor, and immediately ran over, giving him a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry" I whispered. I felt Adam grab something from the floor, and broke away from him to see him, holding the gun I dropped. I looked him in the eye, as he smiled, taking the safety off. I closed my eyes, ready for the inevitable. He quickly pulled the trigger, a loud gunshot echoing through the basement.

I stood waiting to be hit, but no hit ever came.

"Was it good for you? Kind of sucks for me." I heard Adam say. I opened my eyes to see Adam collapsed on the floor, blood seeping from his side. I quickly grabbed the bomb, and Adam nodded slowly, clearly suffering.

"Smart thinking. Drag the trigger bomb out to the football field that way nobody dies, unless you keep holding onto that thing." He said breathlessly, struggling to talk as he held his wound, to delay the bleeding.

"I killed people, I have to pay for that!" I shouted through tears, holding the bomb in my hands.

"Not you. Me. I destroy things, just like my dad, it never occured to me to try building anything. But you're different." Adam said, stumbling over and snatching the bomb from my hands.

"Go do something with your life. I am damaged, but you're not. You're going to change the world some day, I hope you'll miss me. Cause I worship you, and i'd trade my life for yours.

"Oh my God-" I said, now regretting everything.

"And when i'm gone-"

"Wait, hold on!" I said going to grab the bomb but he held out his hand to tell me no.

"Clean up the mess down here. Taylor, I love you, now run." I didn't look back I just ran, as I ran out the basement, I heard the explosion down there and knew he was gone.

I wiped a tear from my face as Olivia and Katy came running to me. It was clear Olivia had been crying from her tear stained face, she looked at me with a look of relief when she saw me.

"Where have you been? People were saying you killed yourself!" Olivia gasped, hugging me and holding onto me like she'd never let go.

"You look like hell." Katy chimed in, pulling a face at me as I glared back at her.

"I just got back." I replied, taking Karlie's bracelet from her wrist, and placing it on my wrist.

"Hey! What are you doing?! Give that back!" She protested I ignored her, spotting Joe across the room and running to him, wrapping him in a hug, which he gladly returned, although it took him by surprise for a second.

"Joe, are you free tonight?" I asked him, his face lit up, but he looked confused.

"Aren't you going to the pep rally?" He said disappointedly. I shook my head.

"My date kinda, blew me off. So I was wondering if you want to go with me. I've been ignoring the signs for too long." I said truthfully, looking deep into his ocean blue eyes. He stared back into mine, before his lips crashed on mine, and I kissed him like my life depended on it. It didn't feel forced, It didn't feel wrong, It didn't feel dangerous. It felt perfect. Like what I was missing was finally complete.

I lost Adam, but that lead me to find Joe, and somehow that was everything.

(A/N okay this is the end. 😭😭 Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. If you haven't seen Heathers the film or musical give it a watch cause it is amazing. ❤️💚💛 Stream Renegade by Taylor Swift and also Fearless (Taylor's Version) okay thanks for reading byeeee 😁)