chapter 4

Sid mom: kuch nahi hoga aunty ko beta. Aap puchte the na baby kab aayga. Ab baby aane wala hai.

Sid: sachi mumma

Sid mom: muchi.

After 3 hours of screaming in the operation theatre they hear the voice of child crying. Sid mom was in happy tears and sid was confused that what happened suddenly. After few minutes a nurse came out with a small bundle of joy wrapped in a pink cloth. Nurse gave it to sid mom.

Nurse: congrats mam. Its a girl.

Sid mom: oh my god. Thank you so much

Nurse left. Rita ma kissed her forehead. Then she looked at sid. Sid was jumping like a monkey trying to look at the baby.

Sid: mumma baby aa gaya?

Sid mom: ha bacha. Baby aa gyaa. Aapko dekhna hai.

Sid: ha mumma.

Sid mom asks him to sit on the bench. He obliges. She keeps the new born girl in his lap not.removing her hands.

 Sid: mumma yeh kitni beautiful hai

Sid: mumma yeh kitni beautiful hai. Yeh meri friend banegi na.

Sid mom: bilkul bacha. Yeh aapki friend banegi.

Sid caresses her head and placed a forehead kiss to her. Sid mom gave a huge grin.the baby girl holds sid's imdex finger tightly not ready to leave it. Sidharth looked at her eyes which were twinkling. They were unaware of the connection between them but somewhere feeling. Sid mom goes inside the ward with sid where pammi is. She goes and gave her to pammi. Pammi eyes were filled with tears. Sid was not ready to leave the baby's side and was continously looking at her angelic face.
Rita ma informed sid dad and santokh also when he called from the common phone given to army people. He was both happy and sad for not being there for his wife when she needed the most.

Two days pass.

It was naming ceremony for the baby. Sid was there everytime looking the baby. She was right now sleeping in the crib and sid was there giving a light push to it. He always showered many forehead kisses. Today morning santokh also came and was very delightful looking at his cute princess. Today sid was unusually quiet because he was full busy in looking at his peace. Peace beacause he is very restless whenever he is away from her even for a minute.

Everyone was sitting in the living room for the pooja. All rituals were done now there was time to give name to the little angel.

Pandit: santokh ji ab aap naam de sakte hai bachi ko.

Before someone could say anything sidharth who was sitting taking the baby in his arms with help of pammi without tooking his eyes off her said SHEHNAAZ meri NAAZ.

Everyone started looking at him but he was still looking at her unaware of everyone looking at him.

Pammi looked at sidharth and then baby. She spoke.

Pammi: pandit ji. Shehnaaz. Yahi naam hoga meri bachi ka.

Everyone started clapping. Sidharth was not interested in anything except his.angel, his NAAZ. His whole world was in his lap.

After the pooja there was lunch. Shehnaaz was in the crib looking everywhere keeping her both the thumbs in her mouth. She was looking exceptionally beautiful. Sidharth and shehnaaz both were twinning. Sidharth was looking handsome in dhoti kurta.

After the lunch sid parents were taking sid back home but at the same time shehnaaz and sidharth bot started crying. They could not stay away from each other. 2 days old baby could also recognise his touch. At last they decided sid to stay with them at night.

Next morning was the same but it is not possible for them to stay together every minute. As shehnaaz is the small baby. She was awake till late and was satisfied that sid is with her. In the morning she was sleeping holding sid's finger. But sid left her finger half heartedly and goes to school. But he was annoyed whole day. In just 3 days his naaz has become everything for him.
In afternoon as soon as he reached home he threw his bag and bottle on the couch. Rita ma was calling him but he was long gone. He reached gill mansion and was crossing living room when pammi aunty called him but he didnt listen. He reached shehnaaz nursery. He was just about to touch her but stopped. He ran back his home. He goes in his room removes his clothes and goes in the bathroom for taking shower. He fastly took it. Wears clean clothes, becomes a nona babu and again ran back to her house. Before touching her he takes the sanitizer and applies on his hands and then touch her who was lying in her crib. He kissed her forehead but he wants to pick her up. He ran out and goes to pammi aunty and pulls her dupatta.

Pammi: kya hua bacha.

Sid: aunty mere saath naaz ke paas chalo na.

Pammi: kyu kya hua beta.

Sid: mujhe uss uthana hai par use lag gayi to.

The child who is just 5 years old doesnt want to take any risk by which his naaz can get harm.

Pammi: aaja chal.

He goes in the room. Pammi aunty takes naaz in his arm. Makes sid sit on the bed and keeps her in his lap. Shehnaaz identified his touch and started giggling pushing her both hands and legs in the air and laughing.

Sid kissed her forehaed. He started talking with her.

Sid: naaz pata hai aaj school me kya hua. Main na tujhe miss kar raha tha par tere paas aa nahi sakta tha to maine na sick hone ka bahana kia but mam ko pata chal gaya or unhone mujhe daanta.

Shehnaaz was listening to him as what he was saying was the most important thing in the world. Pammi aunty was admiring their bond which was just 4 days old but was so pleasing to eyes. Listening to sid talks she slept. Pammi aunty put her in the crib.

Sid: aunty ab yeh kab uthegi

Pammi: beta ab yeh shaam ko uthegi. Tu bhi ghar ja nap leke, or apna homework karke aajio.

Sid: okk aunty.bie.

Sid left from there and goes to his home. He goes in his room and fastly does his homework and then eats his food. Rita ma goes in his room.