CHAPTER IV: EXCURSION

Start from the beginning

"this is called a uv light, and this powder and gel helps find footprint impressions." karl explained, pouring the powder out directly on top of the gel. "does y/n usually wear slippers with night clothes?" karl asked while he did his task.

"no. they don't." quackity replied. "alright. that's good. this powder is for shoes only." just as karl said that, the powder immediately started forming, attaching tightly to the floor and forming into the shape of clear footprints within the gel.

quackity watched with fascination as the powdery footprint impressions became visible, glowing green under the uv light. there was multiple footprints, some going around the bed and coming from the door. however, the one that karl was most concerned with were the footprints that seemed to lead in a different direction than it was supposed to, and was different than all the other shoe prints.

"alex.. there's fresh footprints... like.. someone was walking around here recently..." karl trailed off, going back to his bag to retrieve a special identifying tool.

he carefully hovered the identifier over the footprints and then looked at its screen after hearing a quiet beep. he read the words on the screen and then looked at quackity. "they were impressed on the night that y/n went missing.. and they're from [insert the name of a shoe brand] boots. size [insert a shoe size]." karl said.

"shit..." quackity whispered out in shock. karl examined the footprints closely, shining the uv light closer to find more footprints on top of one another, but going in different directions. he followed the direction, putting down more gel on the floor along with powder to reveal a trail leading from y/n's bed to the window.

"alex.. you're thinking what i'm thinking right?" karl shuffled behind quackity, turning the lights on to see his friend's face clearer. once the uv light was off and the room's lights switched on, the footprint impressions disappeared. quackity turned towards karl. "don't tell me they were kidnapped." quackity said, a hint of fear in his voice.

"well why else would someone make a trail leading from the window to the bed and then back? there's clearly no other footprints coming from the door with those same pair of shoes, so that means the only way someone entered was through the window. it also looks like the person was struggling a bit when they were standing by the bed. the impressions look deeper there." karl trailed off at the last sentence, his mind wandering to the worse possible scenarios. what happened here?

a weird silence fell over the room for a moment as the two men were thinking until karl got an idea. "hey alex." "yeah amigo?" "you know footprints aren't the only impressions i can identify. i can also identify handprints." karl and quackity both looked at each other with blank expressions, turning their heads at the same time towards the window's lock.

"but here's the thing.. i can prove to you i can time travel again." they both looked back at each other once more. "what do you mean?" quackity asked, tilting his head. "let's go back in time and see how this happened. it gives us a better idea of how these impressions came about and most of all, we'll see who did this." karl suggested.

"whoa whoa whoa! take it back a notch!" quackity took some steps closer, putting his hands up. "us!? you mean.. like.. the two of us? going back in time?" karl laughed a little and nodded. "holy shit! you're a genius!" quackity gave karl a hug, making the two men giggle. little did they know, those smiles would be off their faces real quick.

"hold on to me, alex. take this." karl handed him a bottle of invisibility potion, something that quackity finally recognized. "drink this when we get there, okay?" karl asked, giving quackity's shoulder a soft squeeze. quackity nodded.

karl looked down at his watch, tapping at it to see the purple and green sparks before adjusting the dials. quackity watched with peaked interest, his eyes glossy. karl remembered the time he saw on the identifier and dialed that time on the chronograph while doing a quick time dilation equation in his head.

"are you ready? don't worry just stay quiet and hang on to me and we'll be back in no time." karl looked over at quackity, holding the clock's hands on pause to see quackity fidgeting out of nervousness. "yeah man. i'm good. i trust you." the duo nodded at each other, looking back down at the watch, and clutching their potions.

once karl adjusted the dial to an earlier time and calculated the right time dilation, he let go of the dial, holding onto quackity. "three.." he started counting under his breath, quackity at his side trying to calm himself. "two... one..." at the right tick of the clock's hands, falling at the correct time, karl tapped on the watch, both men being swallowed by a purple green warp that transported their bodies back in time in what felt like a flicker.

when both of them adjusted to the environment around them, they found themselves in y/n's bedroom. this time, it was dark, the slightly opened curtains revealing a night time sky outside.

karl motioned for quackity to drink the invisibility potion and they both did so, bringing their heads back slightly to take a good swig. once they were done, they heard the window's lock being fiddled with.

karl took quackity gently and made the two of them crouch down on the floor, making sure they both stayed in the same place. they both stared intensely at the dark figure just outside y/n's window, their eyes widening to see them pick the lock successfully, slowly opening the window.

once the figure climbed into the room, karl took quackity slowly to get a better look of who it was.

to their surprise, they saw the menacing face of wilbur soot. they watched as wilbur's footprints matched up with the direction of the impressions from earlier, walking over to the bed to ponder on y/n's sleeping body.

"i promise i'll make this painless, love. just be quiet for me." wilbur said, a small grin on his face as he leaned down to your level, and started drugging you with a cloth.

quackity and karl both held horrified faces, watching as you squirmed and struggled under wilbur's intoxication. they were too scared to let out a breath, seeing you getting kidnapped before their very eyes.

NOW WE KNOW WHO DID IT.

w.c.: 1.6k+