Chapter 5: Prisoners

——————————🥀——————————

A couple hours have passed since they were locked up, and Beau and (Y/n) were sitting against the wall. (Y/n)'s head was resting on Beau's shoulder, while he had his arm wrapped around her waist. Suddenly the cell door opened and they both quickly stand up.

"Forgive my intrusion, monsieur and mademoiselle...but I have come to escort you to your room." A voice said.

A little frightened, (Y/n) picked up a stool that was on the ground and raised over her head. "Our room?" She asked.

"But we thought..." Beau started.

"Oh, what? That 'Once this door closes it will not open again?'" The voice said, imitating the beasts' words. "I know. He gets so dramatic."

The two walked out of the cell to see a talking candelabra hanging from the lever. "Hello!" He greeted. Jumping onto the ground. (Y/n) gasped, and smashed him with the stool.

"Oh, you have gotten very strong princess." The candlestick commented.

"What are you?" The girl demanded.

"Don't tell me you forgot me already. It's me Lumière!" He said.

"And you can talk?" Beau questioned.

"Well of course he can talk. It's all he ever does." The two turned around to see a talking clock walking up the stairs.

"Now, Lumière, as head of the household, I demand that you put them back on their cell at once." He commanded, as (Y/n) grabbed an empty pitcher to use as another weapon.

"What do you want to be for the rest of your life Cogsworth? A man or a mantle clock?" The candlestick asked.

He turned back to Beau and (Y/n). "Ready you two? Trust me." Lumière started walking away and Cogsworth followed behind with a worried expression.

Beau and (Y/n) looked at each other uncertainly  before reluctantly following the two.

....

"You must forgive first impressions. I hope you are not too startled." Lumière apologized

"Why would we be startled? We're talking to a candle." Beau sarcastically remarked.

"Candelabra, please. Enormous difference. But consider me at your service monsieur and mademoiselle. The castle is your home now...so feel free to go anywhere you like." Lumière told them.

"Except the west wing." Cogsworth said, facing them. Lumière shook his hands at him. "Which we do not have." He quickly said.

"Why? What's in the west wing?" Beau asked.

"Oh, nothing" Lumière causally replied.

"Nothing." Cogsworth agreed.

"Storage space."

"Storage space."

"That's it."

"Yes, that's it." Cogsworth repeated. "This way please. To the east wing."

"Or as I like to call it, the only wing." Lumière laughed.

....

The four of them finally entered the east wing and Lumière opened the door to reveal a beautiful bedroom.

"Welcome to your room! I thought you both would be more comfortable staying in the same room." Lumière announced.