A Spy on The Inside

Start from the beginning

George smiled and CJ could've sworn they saw his cheeks go pink...must've been their imagination.

"So what exactly do I need to do?"
CJ asked.

"Well...we need you to get us some information..."
Phil said scratching the back of his neck.

"On...?"

"Well there's a warehouse full of spare car parts near here. We need info on their shifts, closing time, security, guidance through the building, stuff like that."
Phil said with a nervous laugh.

"...What?"

"Yeah, it's a bit much to ask of a child, but you're not an ordinary kid...you're amazing."
The winged man said smiling.

"You really think so?"

"Of course I do, you're extraordinary."

CJ smiled at her principal and put on a brave face.

"Okay, I'll do it."

"Thank you, CJ. You have no idea how much this means to us."

Puffy and CJ exchanged smiles.

"We'll begin our official plans tomorrow. For now, I think it's time we call your mother to pick you up."
Phil said as he stood up.

"Make sure to tell your parents that I kept the theatre kids here for a bit."
Ranboo said winking.

"Will do."

That night CJ pondered what the next day would bring. The plans, classes, friends, everything.

The next day came around and CJ got out of their mom's car and headed into the building.

Philza greeted them at the door and explained the meeting schedule.

"Meet us all in the teachers lounge during lunch, we'll give you some instructions and training."

"Training...?"

"Well, if you're going to be a spy, you'll need some training. The mission won't be for another two weeks."

"Fair enough."

"See you at lunch CJ!"

"See you at lunch Mr. Minecraft..."

Political science class, or as Ashton called it 'Merica class (funny accents were always a hit with CJ's friend group) went well.

Schlatt was less harsh on CJ considering their role in getting him home.

"Can anyone tell me the name of the battle in which America officially won its independence?"

This lesson was necessary considering it taught the science of fighting and "arranging" wars.

CJ raised their hand.

"Yes?"

"The Battle of Yorktown."

"What year?"

"1781."

"Correct, good job Mx. Angelos."

CJ smiled at the use of "Mx".

(Mx is a gender neutral term and replaced words such as: Mr, Mrs, Sir, and Ma'am.)

CJ's last name was also used.

CJ had never really been bothered by their last name and took interest in it being an uncommon name.

Math class a lot happier than usual.

George rarely showed emotion to his students, but today he was smiling. George and his friends were one step closer to going home, how could he not smile?