9:05 PM (Chapter 3)

~CHAPTER III~

"Finally. I thought you weren't coming." says the man, in a low, whispery, mysterious voice.

"Who are you?"

"Haha. Acting like you don't know. How rich."

"But I REALLY... don't know who you are..." I counter.

"Well, it's not important that you know my name, as long as I know yours. Take a seat, Angelina."

"Um, where?"

"ON THE GROUND YOU UNGREATFUL NINNY!!!!"

"Geez, someone woke up on the wrong side of the death chamber."

"Look. We have more, pressing matters to attend to."

The man spins his chair around so that a black lab coat with chains and pockets (many, MANY pockets...) and gadgets and gizmos are exposed to my curious and wandering eyes. His face is quite pale. Caring, yet devious blue-grey eyes stare straight into mine. Into my soul. Not that I'll have one for that much longer... A scar runs across his face from his forehead to his upper lip, going through his eye. I find myself enchanted by his unique figure.

"HELLO?"

I snap back to reality.

But it was reality... just blocked from my ears but most certainly not my eyes.

"Oh, right. Uh, what was the question again?"

"All I said was you have to meat your fate now."

"How is it still 9:05pm?" I ask myself in my confused head.

"When I push this button, you will have a horribly painful sensation run down your spine, it will pulse your body with energy you've never felt before."

The words make me smile. I'm so excited. He sees my smile, and apparently doesn't like it.

"You're not SCARED?" he questions, absent mindedly.

"Why would I b- I mean... yes? Of coarse, why, wouldn't I be?"

"BEACAUSE YOU WILL DIIIEEE!!!!!!!"

"That's what you think." I giggle to myself.

"Goodbye. Angelina Tappel."

His finger clentches the button like it will explode if he doesn't. The floor opens and I fall into darkness. Colors begin to appear around me, and fire blazes brightly, the reflection in my eyes is bright enough to blind a man. I can't hear anything, and the sensation runs down my spine and tingles my toes. My heart races as I fall into the inky black. I don't remember in great detail what happened then, but all I know is I'm back.

Full-grown.