23. Rules are meant to be broken

Start bij het begin

"You are not going to be a slaughter goat for those circus crew." Miles had said, taking my hand in his across the table. His dark eyes were soft as they lingered on me. "I'm going to make sure of it."

No matter how many nightmares and dreams I had about it, it was not solving the puzzle of Miles wanting to have me as his girlfriend when we both knew there was no mutual feelings between us. I had nodded my head at him when he said that he wanted to get to know me better.

I only guessed that it was because of a business proposition which wanted him to have a girl by his side at their charity ball, for all I cared.

"However you want it to be." Miles said, walking further way to make noodles with spicy tomato chilli sausage.

He had insisted me to get into his kitchen with him since it was warmer there even without the need for a heater. I had shrugged, hoping that I would get more time to talk things through while I waited for him to cook for us.

He had stayed late at his restaurant waiting for me to turn up since that was what I had requested. Having quit the cooking classes, I didn't want to stretch Miles' free time for me. Now, in his restaurant, though it was off time and most of his customers had gone, he had stayed back like old days. Except for the kitchen light, every other section of the restaurant was locked up.

For someone like me, it was supposed to be scary. But with Miles by my side, there was a sense of relief that I thought I would never find.

As I saw him, I felt this was the safest I had felt in ages. I smiled to myself.

Miles stood in front of me as I had jumped up the kitchen counter to have a seat. He wiped his hands on his apron and tossed it to a tub. His brown shirt and faded jeans looked good on him, clutching him tightly around his muscles.

"You must be hungry." He held the bowl of noodles in front of me, pouring the sausage on top of it. He used the Chinese sticks to mix them well and held it for me. "Eat up, we are sharing. That's alright?"

I nodded my head. The aroma filled up my nostrils as I took the sticks from him and dug at it, not wanting to wait anymore. But with my little to no experience with those sticks, I couldn't get the noodles in my sticks.

I heard a small chuckle from Miles. "Here, let me help you." He took the sticks from my hands and craftily used it to pick the noodles and put it in my mouth. "So, how's it?"

"I make better noodles than this." I said, opening my mouth for another bite. He only chuckled.

He leaned closer holding the noodles in his hand ready to feed me. "Why don't you show it to me then?"

"I will." I whispered, blinking nonchalantly at him. I opened my mouth to let him feed me, as soon as he had placed the noodles in my mouth, he took the other end of the noodles.

My heartbeat rose and suddenly, the heat was too much to bear. There was only one string of noodle left as we held the ends. Miles slowly minimized the distance between us. Not knowing what else to do, I cut the noodle and sucked my portion of it.

Miles' eyes never let go of my mouth. His hands slowly moved to it and I remained motionless. His cool hands grazed my neck and gently moved upwards. It became so tough for me that I had to control my emotions from letting a moan out.

Miles looked at me, as if to ask permission while I only blinked. My brain was not working. Goosebumps were left all along the skin where his hands had made contact. Not able to bear the pleasurable torture, I closed my eyes, tilting my head for easy access.

His hands moved towards my mouth, running his finger at my bottom lip. Suddenly, his hands moved away and I resisted the urge to groan. When I opened my eyes to look at him, he was licking his fingers, wiping the stain off my lips.