17

chenle is preparing dinner while jisung is watching tv with daegal laying on his lap. the older finds it very cute and he really wants to cuddle the two, but he still has to prepare dinner for them.

everything is going fine.. well, except jisung. chenle noticed that the younger male isn't talking that much and he'll only reply a few words when chenle asks him something. he wanted to ask the boy what happened but it seems like jisung needs his time alone, so maybe he can ask him later.

also, sungchan won't stop calling and sending messages to chenle, which he finds slightly annoying. sungchan is being clingy to him earlier and he can't help but get irritated.

after finishing cooking, he served the food on the table. before eating, he also prepared daegal's food, and now the puppy is happily eating. the two boys are now sitting together, they're silently eating and the only sound they can hear is the clink of the utensils.

chenle admired jisung. the younger male is chewing on his food slowly and he seems like he's busy with his thoughts. chenle can't help but get worried, "jisung, is everything okay?" he finally asked. jisung only nodded as he continued to chew on his food. the older male sighed, he puts down his chopsticks after holding jisung's hand, making him stop eating, "you can always tell me about it. you know that i won't judge you, right?" he asked, but jisung didn't answer. "it seems like you're deep in your thoughts, mind sharing?" chenle asked once again, but again, the younger didn't answer.

"fine, i won't force you—"

"i just... i wonder how are my parents doing." jisung said, "it's been almost five years since they abandoned me, and it makes me think, how are they? are mom and dad still together?" he bit his lip. to be honest, he feels weird after saying the word 'mom' and 'dad'. he feels like the nightmares he had were going to happen again.

"look, jisung—"

"are they still alive?"

chenle let out a sigh, he cupped jisung's cheeks, "so you're thinking about this? that's why you're silent?" he asked, jisung nodded.

"i know i shouldn't say this because i don't actually know what happened to your side, but what they did to you is horrible. you should stop thinking about them. they're just probably out there, doing some bad shits. and they probably forgot about you so you should do the same, okay?"

"but how did you know that they're doing some bad things? who knows? maybe they changed"

"they abandoned you, jisung. don't you think it's bad? they're your parents yet they left you. and they will never change, and if they did, they'll find you and come back for you, but no. so, stop thinking about them, you're just making yourself more anxious." chenle said, "and you said it yourself, they're bad. very bad. they made you suffer and they hurt you. you don't deserve them jisung, even if they're your parents. what they did was wrong." he added.

jisung stayed silent, he took a deep breath. he slowly opened his arms and chenle noticed it, so he gave jisung a hug, a comforting one.

"thank you."

"i'm always here for you. i'm here to take care of you and make you happy. because that's my job."

jisung chuckled, "are you joking or..?"

"i'm not! we're best friends, right? we're going to help each other and make each other happy. because that's what's friends for." the older said.

"yeah.. best friends." jisung mumbled after he pulled away. he gave chenle a soft smile before he picks up his chopsticks and continued eating.

the night is very peaceful and the weather is also nice. the two boys are cuddling on the bed with the blanket wrapped around their bodies. jisung is peacefully sleeping with his head laying comfortably on the older's chest.

after jisung told him about his parents, it made him think about his parents, how are they? are they still busy with their business? is everything doing fine with them? well, maybe they are busy since he hasn't received messages from them. 

he actually doesn't talk much to his parents for a reason and also, he doesn't want to disturb them with their business. 

he does understand what jisung feels. 

he also wants to tell him about him and his family, but maybe he should focus on jisung's family background more. he will first help jisung heal from his trauma before he goes to his side. 

and he's not yet ready to tell his side because it is something that he shouldn't talk about. this time, we will just focus on jisung, just like what he said, he will help him get through all of these. 

he also felt like he was being abandoned by his parents, not physically but mentally. he wants their attention but he can't even get a single glance from them, they were too focused on their business to even realize that their son needs their support. but since he's a grown-up, he won't sulk about not having his parents' attention. he can manage himself alone and he can live alone with his parents. 

chenle took a deep sigh, he took his phone from the nightstand and looked through his messages. the last message he received from his mother was a week ago, and it is about business. he sighed, he never heard something good from them or even a compliment, it's all about business, money, and shits. 

he puts his phone down on the nightstand, after that, he moves closer to jisung, hugging the younger's waist while his other hand went to jisung's cheek, caressing it softly.

"goodnight, jisung. sleep well." he mumbled before placing a kiss on jisung's forehead.

T B C.