"Mom . . ."

"Ariana no, she is his wife G, and she's Jojo's mother because Jojo wants her to be. Even if she had not adopted Joelle, that little girl loves her. Now, I understand that this situation is stressful, but you put yourself in this position, to begin with." she said.

"I just . . . I don't want her to hate me for not being there." Galina sniffled.

"That depends on you. You can still be there for her and support her, we can work our way up to overnight and weekend trips." I told her.

"I'll talk to him about it." she stated.

"He'll just talk to me about it because I'm the one that's home. Please, don't make this more difficult than it has to be. It would make Jojo very happy if we could get along for her sake, at least. She loves you, you're her mother and I'm not trying to take your place." I said, standing up.

"Are you okay?" she quickly asked.

"What's wrong?" Patricia asked.

"Potty break, these two think my bladder is a soccer ball ready for a goal. I'll be right back." I said as I took off quickly.

In the bathroom, I let out a little of my rage. How dare . . . the audacity of this woman to just assume . . . ugh! Arguing with her isn't going to get me anywhere so I have to be the bigger person for Joelle's sake. She misses her mother and I don't want to stand in the way of their relationship, as long as it's a positive one for Jojo. I won't let her play with my baby's emotions again.

When I walked back to the table, Galina was gone and Patricia was smiling.

"Are the soap dispensers still on the wall?" she laughed.

"Yes, although I was sorely tempted." I replied, making her laugh harder.

"She isn't easy when she's in a mood and asking you for permission to see her daughter is a bitter pill to swallow."

"I'm not trying to stand in her way . . ."

"Ari, I know that." she said softly, taking my hand in hers. "Thank you for keeping your cool and thinking of what's best for Jojo. Being the bigger person isn't always easy but you did it with style and grace."

"You don't have to thank me mom, that's my baby too. I hate having to bring this up to Le while he's working, he doesn't need any distractions." I sighed.

"Oh, I already texted him." she smiled again.

"You're too much."

Two weeks later, I was sitting at home with Mel and Jojo, we're waiting for Trinity so that we can go to lunch. My sister has been spending a lot more time with me and I love it. She's basically been living with me on and off for the past three months in the guest room. There's such a large age gap between us that I don't normally get to spend a lot of time with her and Cassie or with Kyra, Kody, Giuliana, Sophia, and Nikoletta. Now that I've been home, I've spent more time with my siblings. Very enjoyable time.

"What's going on with Trinity? Why isn't she working?" Mel asked.

"Health issues, she'll be out for a while." I told her.

"Mom, I'm hungry." Jojo said, flopping onto the sofa next to me.

"Trinity should be here . . ."

"Now! Trinity is here now." my best friend said.

"Trin!" Jojo shouted.

"Hey sweetie, hey Mel." Trin replied.

"What's good?" My sister smiled.

"You look so pretty." I told Trin.

She insisted we all got pretty for girls' lunch, but then again, she always does. She'll use any excuse to play with makeup.

"What about you? Over here all glowy and mother earthy with your flower crown." she said, fussing with the ribbon.

"Thank you, Jojo picked it out and said I had to wear it today

"Thank you, Jojo picked it out and said I had to wear it today." I smiled.

"Where did it come from?"

"I saw it at a flower stand at the farmer's market and I had to buy it. I thought we could go to the beach with you and Jojo and have a mini photoshoot." Mel said.

"That's a great idea! Alright, let's go because Jojo is hungry." Trin said.

"Where are we going, Trin?" I asked my friend.

"Montellioni's, today feels like a bougee lunch day" she said.

"Someone is in a mood." I smiled as I locked the door.

"I am, it's weird having so much free time so I'm determined to enjoy it."

"Right. How are we traveling? Mom has my car since hers is in the shop. So we go with you or we go in Melinda's car." I asked.

"One car is better, everyone in mine." Trin said.

"Works for me, let's go because I'm getting hungry and I'm eating for three." I told them.

"Trin, did mom tell you that the twins have names? I helped pick them out." Jojo said when we pulled out.

"You didn't tell me that. Jojo, you did all the work didn't you?" Trin asked, even though she already knows the names.

"Pregnancy/work brain, I forgot to tell you." I smiled again.

"What names did you pick out Joelle?" she asked.

"Ian and Aiden! Their names are Ian Keoni and Aiden Koa Anoa'i." Jojo smiled.

"Ari, that's so cute."

"My mariposita did a great job, I just picked out the middle names."

We played carpool karaoke until we arrived and the smell of Italian food has my stomach grumbling.

"Ooh, we need to hurry up." Mel chuckled.

"They already take after their dad, super greedy." I said.

"That's a family thing, the twins are the same." Trin scoffed.

We walked in and were escorted to a private room in the back, she sure is in a bougee mood today.

"Trin, what is all of . . ."

"Surprise!"

The shouts caught me off guard when the doors opened, then cue the waterworks. My family was all in the room; my mom and Cassidy, my aunts and cousins, dad, Gia, and all of the kids, my work friends, Le's family, Le, everyone. A surprise baby shower, I have the best friend in the world.