If only it was the staring games...

3 years after the events of the 74th games...

In front of him sat a brute, muscular 17 year old with light blond locks that reminded Cato - a reflection of his former self, down to the rage that resided in hazel hues. Sitting next to him was the very opposite, a frail brunette that looked as though she could be from District 12; a lithe figure with dark brown hair that rested in light waves on her shoulders, dark long lashes covering her deep brown eyes as she stared intensely at her twiddling fingers, full lips and high cheekbones quivering slightly refusing to look up at any one as though in fear she would implode on the spot, all whilst her district partner glared mockingly at Cato, trying to intimidate him.

What a pathetic bunch I have this year. He thought to himself, an arrogant jerk who thinks he can intimate me and a pathetic girl who was probably used to getting her own way just by fluttering her eyelashes. ''What's your name?'' He asked, not even bothering to sound interested, he was sure they'd heard the rumours. He would much rather be sleeping right now. ''Lucus, son of Brutus! I-'' The arrogant blond said confidently as if it was something to be proud of, ''-Yeah yeah, that's nice, and your name?'' He stopped Lucus and looked at the girl, who was at least 17 but looking like a lost child, ''I-uh-'' She stuttered, raising her head but looking out the window, her bottom lip quivering slightly, ''Deja, it's Deja.'', She continued staring intently out the window, her nervousness made Cato feel a rage build inside of him, how could someone from 2 be so pathetic? Was it a ruse to try and make the other tributes to go easy on her? She was a very good actor if that was the case, maybe she did have a chance. He doubted it. ''Well, I am glad you had the pleasure to meet me before you die. It truly is an honour, for you.'' Deja's brows furrowed at his words, only then did she look towards her mentor. Cato flashed her a sadistic smile that didn't quite reach his eyes, she tried to identify what it was hiding behind his cerulean irises - anger? Sadness? It didn't matter. She'd be dead within two weeks.

''Oh Cato stop scaring them, they're still in shock, don't worry dearies, he does this to all the tributes, don't let it phase you!" The escort, Nallia, said with a high pitched laugh, ''I don't care, doesn't affect me in the slightest.'' Lucus said confidently, Cato said nothing, they just stared at each other, neither wanting to give in and look away as though trying to read one and other, Cato noticed she had a few flecks of gold in her big brown irises, which shone and added life to her pale face. ''It's too bad the Hunger Games isn't a staring contest, at least then you'd have a chance.'' Cato said mockingly, the comment made Deja snap her head away and look at Nallia, ''Please may I be excused?'' She asked timidly but politely, ''Of course, it's just through those doors, 2nd door on the righ-'' Before Nallia could finish her sentence Deja got in a quick thank you and was out in a flash, Cato's eyes not leaving her for a second, Lucus pffted, ''At least that's one tribute I don't need to worry about, ha, who am I kidding? I don't need to worry about no one.'' He laughed before digging into a large plate of chilli. Cato thought to himself, he may just need to ask Seneca for a little favor in the game of elimination.