PROLOGUE: PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Start from the beginning

although he didn't let his guard down as he sat down next to you, you insinuating conversation. in his mind, he tried to think of a way to distract you in case he spots sapnap through the glass windows. he remembers sapnap telling him that he spotted you here, most likely through stalking. in this reality, he needs to make sure that doesn't happen. especially if sapnap sees him hanging around you... he would be scared of the consequences.

as the two of you were having a light-hearted conversation, the connection between the two of you growing, the little bells on top of the door to signal someone entering rang. niki came to the register to see who it was, a smile forming on her face. "hey callahan! what brings you here?"

callahan. karl recognized that name. he was a tailor, especially popular in greater dream smp. he's even ordered suits from him. karl quickly deemed callahan as a good person, trying to subside his paranoia. he had to worry about sapnap for now, then move on to investigating your disappearance. that means he'll have to let you go missing in the next week coming by.

he shouldn't take this time he's spending with you for granted. you looked so happy and he felt giddy inside, liking the fact that you both connected right away.

you noticed karl seeming to fidget more when callahan entered, making you worried. you reached out towards him, grabbing karl's hand gently. you felt the warmth of his fingers transfer to yours since it was touching a hot beverage. you noticed him looking down at the contact you've made, seeing his cheeks starting to go pink.

"hey, you doing okay, karl?" you asked lowly, a soft tone in your voice to hint at worry. he looked up at you and chuckled nervously. "yeah i'm good, y/n." he said back just as softly, taking his other hand and gently placing it over yours.

as he was looking at you, he spotted sapnap walking down the street in the distance from the window, the knight's eyes darting around manberg. karl knew he was searching for you. that's when he tensed up, squeezing your hand slightly out of stress.

you quirked your eyebrow out of curiosity, seeing karl's eyes reflecting a hint of fear. you wanted to follow his line of sight, but didn't want to turn around out of fear as well.

"kar-" "can you please excuse me for a bit? i just realized i needed to pick up something from across the street. i'll be back for a sec. watch my drink!" before you could speak, karl excused himself and got up, immediately heading out the door and running across the crowded streets towards sapnap. he has to make sure he doesn't spot you.

karl calmed himself down as he got ever so close, trying to act normal when sapnap came into his view. he went up to the dark-haired knight off duty and pretended to be in a friendly coincidence of seeing him.

"oh hey sap! what are you doing here?" karl said, smiling. "oh hey karl. i could say the same to you." sapnap seemed to look away for a moment before returning the smile.

"are you looking for y/n? i saw them earlier actually.." karl let out nervously, not knowing what to do to off-put sapnap. sapnap immediately perked up upon hearing your name, his eyes looking like an excited puppy's.

"wait really!? where did they go?" he asked eagerly, his imaginary dog tail wagging crazily. karl noticed the switch in his friend's emotions, seeing the gloss in his eyes covering up the possessive things he really wanted to do to y/n. he wouldn't allow it.

"oh they went that way! i believe they said they were gonna go shopping. i don't think they're returning to work soon." karl trailed off, pointing towards a random direction behind sapnap, his finger landing on the presidential house.

sapnap jumped up on his heels excitedly, looking back at karl with the happiest expression he's ever held, looking like a five year old in a candy shop. "thank you so much, karl! i'll see you later okay?" then he ran off, not even seeing karl's reaction.

karl on the other hand, let a shocked expression adorn his features, a nervous sigh escaping his lips as his shoulders dropped in relief. he didn't think he'd get away with distracting sapnap. he thought sapnap would interrogate him about y/n, but it seems he's so lost in obsession... it's easy to distract him.

ONE POINT FOR SAVING Y/N.

w.c.: 1.2k+