𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 down, finally finishing your shift

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 down, finally finishing your shift. You could now change into your comfy clothes, plopping yourself onto your bed, you let every part of your muscle relax after being tensed for so long, even as no dangers had be visibly obvious.

"Y/n," Petra suddenly said.

"Yes?" 

"Whenever you're with Captain Levi, does he ever mention his feelings?" she asked.

"No, he never really expresses his feelings nor talk about it. He's a closed-off person and I doubt he will open up anytime soon," you replied, "even if he does I could care less."

"Oh."

"Why do you ask?"

"No particular reason, just that lately you and him seem pretty close and you may be the only person that may see more than just a stone face," Petra responded.

"I don't think you would call it close..." 

Petra nodded, "Sorry for bothering you with these questions. Anyways good night." 

"Good night." 

You slipped off your leather gloves, both of you two went to bed, or so you tried. You lay still on the stiff bed, the cold sheets pulled down, your face exposed to the chilly night air. You didn't dare to move, scared to wake Petra up, instead you thought of everything in your past. Everything and anything, why you were here. What your purpose was meant to be. Who you were meant to be.

The day dawned upon us, the morning light seeped across the lands, and found its way sneakily into the room. It was another day already and yet again you woke up too early. You got up and got dressed, tucking your hands into the gloves. Today the squad will be informed about the upcoming expedition. Heading downstairs, you went down to the basement to check on Eren. You opened his door, revealing him sitting upright on the edge of his bed, fidgeting with his hands. He was already awake. Seems like you and Levi aren't the only ones up so early.

"Good morning Eren,' you greeted.

"Good morning Y/n."

"Why are you up so early? Things on your mind?" 

"Yeah." 

You sat down on a chair on the opposite side of him.

"You must be exhausted. From the test experiment yesterday," you started.

He nodded.

"Sorry to bother you, just wanted to check how you were going," you apologised as you stood up once again.

"No it's fine, please don't say sorry. Oh yeah, isn't the new recruits coming soon?" He asked hopefully.

"Yes, they should be coming soon," you reassured.

Poor thing. he must be really worried, you knew that the new recruits were the same people who participated in try-outs of the survey corps. You were deep in thought (as always). Bidding goodbye to Eren, you went back upstairs again.

You poured yourself a cup of hot water and took the cup outside, sitting on the bench. You admired the picturesque view, it wasn't something like a dream world but it gave you comfort, the wind brushed against you, tickling your cheek. You grew up within the walls, seeing the view gave you a sense realism. The sun now hung high above ground, the warmth kissed your skin. You reached out to the sun, glancing at your leathered gloves. Maybe one day...you will take them off, but until then, you will protect those around you...from yourself. 

You heard footsteps drawing near you, turning around, you saw Levi. You quickly stood up and saluted. His only response was a stone-face but that doesn't faze you as this was how Levi always was.

"Y/n, our upcoming mission would be to explore the world beyond the walls, but this time we have an extra mission. We have to protect that Jager brat at all cost, even if it cost our lives," he informed.

"Alright sir," you mocked.

"Tch, that was disguting, don't ever call me that," He said, clearly annoyed.

"Whatever you say captain."

Silence passed, no one spoke, only the howling of wind and the rustling of trees was heard.

You peeked at Levi whilst he stood beside the bench. You couldn't help but compare how similar he was to your younger brother. Levi noticed you staring and gave you a glare.

"We will need you to be on the front line while also taking care of wounds," He suddenly said.

"God I'm so important aren't I?" you praised yourself, "Sir Levi needs me."

You pouted sarcastically. He exasperatedly rolled his eyes at your expression. You two stayed there, again, out of topic. You didn't want to ruin the feeling, instead, you accepted the silence as consolation. 

You stood up, "alright, I'll be heading back, good to talk to you again Levi."

And with that, you went back inside and everyone was already awake. You sat down next to Petra, your mind elsewhere. "We have to protect him at all cost, even if it cost our lives.Levi's voice echoes through your head, circling like a ticking clock. Everyone had settled down, digging into the little source of food we had. 

Then Erwin came in, "Good morning everyone."

ok finally an update! sorry if its inconsistant, I'm just a master procrasinator so :p

also thank you for those comments before, they really motivated me to update (cuz i felt bad for just leaving y'all on a cliffhanger) so thank you so much (hopefully you know who you are) <44