CH 3 || Last Thread Of Hope

Start from the beginning

The question was from Rosa, however, Vidyut's eyes were on me. Maybe he was competing with me over that conversation. I just smiled at him.

"You may be correct, Sir. However this time, I support Mrs. Kohli." The facial expression of my husband had changed but he quickly veiled it. Faking a grin he lifted his hands and said, "OK, alright, you women win."

At the point when Rosa and I were moving out to go to the study to get the books I needed to take with me, Vidyut said, "Don't take much time, and please don't invest your time reading. I don't want us to miss our flight. You tend to forget everything with books."

'And you have already forgotten your wife.'

Restraining myself from voicing that one instant statement I nodded and headed to the study room.

*******

I was taking out the four-five books I needed to bring with me, my brain was entirely loaded up with Vidyut's words. Reviewing his words I mumbled, "You don't remove things or people out of your life just because they have gotten old."

Exactly when I pulled out the third book off the rack I heard Rosa, "Sometimes we have to remove them out. Not every time the situation remains the same. At times we need to take unfavourable actions for our betterment."

 It was an answer to me. Rosa was a kind of a woman who would be there to pacify one but would never meddle in anybody's matters. Her reply was a shock to me. She had never said a word to Vidyut about me or Vidyut to me.

When I turned to her in a daze, she motioned me to go to her near the room's sliding window. Her gaze was fixed on the gardener who was busy cutting the plant I loved the most, the plant of the 'delight flowers'.

"You see, it's a beautiful flower, isn't it?"

"Hmmm. Why is he cutting them?" I could feel the flower's pain.

"It's pretty but needs to be cut because of the way it has grown." Her words resembled a riddle messing up with the cells of my cerebrum. Glad that she didn't take much time to reveal what she meant.

"It's the 'delight flower' plant. It spreads the aroma of its own as long as it's a small plant but the moment it starts to grow old the same plant of the beautiful flower becomes poisonous." That was an untold fact, I wasn't mindful of.

"As long as it's a baby, it's fine, but the moment it grows it holds the capacity to kill."

"That's sad..." I mumbled, feeling hurt over the fate of the mesmerizing flower.

"I know."

Rosa turned to me and squeezed my shoulders marginally, before saying, "I have known you for not over a half year but rather one thing which I am certain of is, you have a caring essence, with the only goal that you generally keep your friends and family above yourself. However, dear, to keep others cheerful, never forget about yourself."

She took a short delay for me to soak in her words and afterward proceeded, "You can't keep others happy until and unless you are content and joyful." Pointing to my heart she added," from here."

"Never let others exploit your integrity and goodness. Don't allow anybody at any point to smash your morals." Giving me her blessings she left the room. Her point regarding the old people or things was somehow the same as Vidyut but the reason and intent of both were not even close.

'What did Rosa mean?'

'Was it the same thing I was thinking about?'

'How could she even say that?'