𝗡𝗼𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝗶𝗹𝗸 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀

Y/n had a very good way of dealing with her problems. Ignoring them.

Aether and Paimon were puzzled, trying to figure out why y/n was ignoring their existence and refusing to acknowledge them.

It was partially on purpose but at the same time, y/n was seventy-five percent sure she'd been hearing someone whispering her name all day.

It was a little scary to be honest...

The voice seems to grow happier everytime y/n looked in the general direction of Guyun Stone Forest but would stop whenever someone else spoke to her.

Tf was that about?

AHEM, back to business.

The first thing they'd need for the Rite of Parting was radiant grade noctilucous jade.

Y/n suggested that they go to Jade Mystery to look for the noctilucous jade.

"Welcome to the Jade Mystery, my good friends!" the Shop Owner, Shitou if y/n remembered correctly, greeted, "Would you like to try your luck betting on jade? This could be your lucky day!"

Y/n frowned, '...what'

"Betting? No, no, we're here for..." Paimon began then looked to y/n and Zhongli for an answer.

"Noctilucous Jade, of radiant grade at the very least." Zhongli informed the pixie.

"Radiant grade Noctilucous Jade? I see, you're not tourists. My apologies. I have some here for your perusal." Shitou exclaimed then presented three pieces of jade, "What do you think? Just look at that wonderful quality! Rex Lapis doesn't often bless us with such finery. Go on, pick whichever one you like!"

Aether and Paimon curiously stared at the Jade in amazement while y/n and Zhongli watched on quietly.

"These three pieces really do look pretty, not like the ones you usually dig up..." Paimon commented, "But how do we pick? Should we just grab one and go?"

"Mm, no. I wouldn't recommend it." y/n said with a small shake of her head.

"A man who makes his living off betting on stones can't be trusted so lightly." Aether added and y/n nodded her agreement.

"What do you think, Mr. Zhongli? How should we pick from these pieces of Noctilucous Jade?" Paimon asked.

"If it were me, the answer would be simple." Zhongli replied and y/n deadpanned.

"And that would be...?" Paimon pressed.

Zhongli turned to the store owner and began, "I'll take them al-"

"NO" y/n cut in, "We're not taking them all, that's exactly how you lose all your money, Zhongli! Money management! Remember?"

Zhongli paused, "Oh."

"Don't oh me!" y/n snapped before sighing, "Here, I'll take care of this..."

Aether and Paimon watched curiously while Zhongli looked extremely proud of y/n as she turned back to the store owner.

"A sample of each piece of jade would work." y/n said simply, "It doesn't have to be big. Just not too thin or too small."

"Oh, a sample? What are you going to do with it?" the store owner asked.

Y/n's expression visibly darkened and the storeowner squeaked, surprised by the sudden intensity from the young lady.

"A sample of each. Please." y/n repeated.