𝗡𝗼𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝗶𝗹𝗸 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀

Start bij het begin

Better get to moving, Shitou, y/n ain't playing games rn. She's being serious.

Y/n smiled when the three samples were presented to her and everyone watched in anticipation as she took one and held it in her hand.

It was thin but it would work.

'Electro can generate heat if used properly.' y/n reminded herself, 'The heat will cause jade as thin as this to explode but I'll have enough time to see which glows the brightest.'

Y/n smiled warily as electricity crackled around the fist that held the thin piece of jade, 'Hopefully.'

Everyone, aside from Zhongli, flinched when the Jade suddenly exploded in y/n's palm, causing y/n to purse her lips.

"Okay, next..." she murmured then picked up the next jade sample.

This process repeated with the next two samples before y/n paused for a moment.

Everyone seemed to hold their breath, eagerly awaiting y/n's decision.

"The third one was the brightest." y/n announced, "A box of the third type please."

"Huh? You decided just from breaking the samples?" Paimon asked y/n.

"No, I watched to see which was the brightest before they burst." y/n replied simply, "It would've would've best just to use pyro and some hydro to keep the jade from exploding but I didn't want to waste time."

"But... don't you have an Electro vision?" Aether asked the young lady.

"I do. I just find creative ways of using it." y/n said with a sheepish smile.

Zhongli took notice of how blood was running down the hand y/n had held the jade in. She was bleeding. A lot.

I mean, it's to be expected if jade were to explode in your hand. Almost guaranteed.

"Y/n, could you come here for a moment?" Zhongli asked and y/n's brows raised.

She didn't say anything, wandering over. When I tell you she damn near fainted when Zhongli held her injured hand in his, OH MY ARCHONSSS.

She watched as the man took off his tie and wrapped it securely around y/n's hand instead, using it to stop the bleeding.

"Be sure to get that checked, okay?"

"Y-Yes sir! Will do, sir!"

'Simp.' Paimon and Aether thought in unison as Shitou brought the boxes of jade.

"Pardon me for asking, but I'm curious. Whatever do you need this much top-quality Noctilucous Jade for?" he asked as y/n checked the boxes.

"Hmm... I suppose it would not hurt to tell you." Zhongli murmured, "We need them to make implements for the Rite of Parting."

"Parting...!?" Shitou gasped, "Oh dear... I'd heard the rumors but hadn't given much thought to them. This... this means that Rex Lapis really is..."

Y/n frowned. She didn't quite understand how the people of a nation could be so fond of their archon...

But then again, she hadn't lived in Liyue for long. Though her prayers for a friend had been answered,, it could've been coincidence alone that her lizard friend appeared the next day.

"...It's hard to believe. Even though the Jade Mystery has been in decline, we have always been under his protection." Shitou continued solemnly, "It is said that when our Lord lost his way while going incognito in the city two hundred years ago, it was a spoon from The Jade Mystery that he had used to sample the local delights."