𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒙

Start from the beginning

She had strong hands.

She let out a relieved sigh but almost instantly sucked in a breath at the sight of blood in the back of his hair — the dark red color extremely noticeable against his platinum hair.

"I'm taking you to the hospital wing," she informed him before pushing herself and the boy against her body off the wall, a grunt leaving her mouth. "You're heavier than you seem."

Draco chuckled before slowly pulling his head away from her, applying all the remaining strength inside his body by that simple action to somewhat help her.

Looking at Draco struggle to simply lift his head made Cora become extremely furious — not with him, but with herself.

She caused this.

She showed her father that she cared for him and he took advantage of it.

She loathed Sam Boswell.

Throwing Draco's hand around her neck and wrapping her arm around his waist, Cora walked Draco to the hospital wing as fast as she could, the anger inside of her giving her strength to firmly hold onto Draco's body.

"Stop helping me," Draco abruptly said and jerked his arm away from around her neck, Cora's head snapping in his direction. "Let me bleed out and slowly perish."

The brunette's face roughened at his words and she wrapped his arm around her neck once again, ignoring his suggestion.

It was stupid of him to say that — and even more stupid of him to think that she'd allow that to happen.

At the feeling of Draco jerk his hand away from her once again, Cora let out a frustrated sigh and faced her body towards him. Taking a step closer to him, Cora pushed him towards the wall and Draco sucked in a breath, holding in a whimper.

"You're a fucking idiot." Cora hissed and Draco dropped his eyes to her level, their eyes in tact.

"I'm not a fucking idiot, I'm simply stating facts," he spit out and she narrowed her eyes, breathing harshly. "I've done so many things to you, Cora. I've hurt you so many times — doesn't a part of you believe that I should simply fade from your life?"

Cora looked away for a moment and blankly stared at the space beside him, her eyes glued on the wall as  flashbacks drain her brain.

"The tiniest things that you do ruin my day, so if it ever crosses your mind that I care about you, even the slightest, you're wrong."

"Why can't you wrap your head around the fact that I don't want you around me? Not even your father wanted to be around you, let alone anyone else."

"You are worthless. You and I have already figured it out and it's just a matter of time until everyone else does too."

All of the flashbacks that came to her mind reminded her of just how awful he was to her, but they were flashbacks. He wasn't half as cruel to her now than he was a few months ago.

"If you would've asked me that a few months ago, my answer most likely would've been 'Yes, you do deserve to vanish from this earth," She admitted and Draco looked away, avoiding eye contact. He felt himself become weaker, "But in this exact moment, I say no. I don't want you to fade from my life because I find myself wanting to be around you every second of the day. I could never let you die. I couldn't even if I wanted to."

Draco's eyes snapped back to hers and observed as the corner of her lips slightly turned upwards — his stone cold heart melting at the sight of her glistening brown eyes.