𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒘𝒐

Cora and Draco hadn't traded words or looks for over a week, and they were both too proud to be the first to do so.

The moment Draco had stepped inside his room after the last time he met Cora in the woods, he found an off white colored envelope sitting on top of his bed.

He eagerly opened it and as he read it, regretted even taking a glance at it.

The torture was going to occur once again.

The brunette felt guilty for all the words that escaped her mouth the last time she was in the woods with Draco.

Each day she found herself thinking of the platinum haired boy and wandered if she owed him an apology.

Yes, she was harsh that day but Draco had also said many things that hurt her before and never said sorry or showed remorse — not once.

So why should she?

At times, Cora would go to the woods alone and practice with any tree around her. She hated being alone at night, but she knew that if she stopped practicing, everything she had achieved would go down the drain.

Cora let out a loud, dull sigh as she took a seat on top of the tree and looked down at her shoes — the swinging of her legs keeping her slightly entertained. She never thought training by herself could be so tedious.

Stopping the swinging of her legs, Cora slowly moved her eyes from her shoes to the space beside her, her eyes landing on the empty space Draco would invariably sit on.

She exhaled sharply and stood on her feet before hearing the sound of leaves crunching, making her head snap at the direction of the noise.

Cora tightened her grip on her wand and stretched out her arm, the light of her wand helping her identify the lean, blonde boy walking over to her.

"It's dangerous to be out here in the woods at this time, Boswell."

At the jesting tone of his voice, Cora's face slightly relaxed and she slightly smiled — not expecting for those words to be the first ones that left his mouth after the last time they spoke.

"If it's not safe, what are you doing here?" She asked as she crossed her arms challengingly, watching as the corners of the boys' lips turned up into a devilish smirk.

Keeping his distance from the brunette, Draco swiftly took out his wand and aimed it at her.

"Expelliarmus."

Cora looked at her wand fly from her hand and she disappointedly sighed at her failed attempt to notice what he was going to do.

"I'm really not in the mood to duel right now, Malfoy. I was just about to head back to school, actually." She stated before walking over to the place her wand had fallen into and stretched out her arm as she slightly bent down, her hand gripping onto her wand.

"Don't be such a bore, Boswell. Come play."

At first, Cora didn't think much of how different his tone and voice was compared to the many other times she's had a conversation with Draco, until she realized he never said the code they had agreed on to make sure it's actually him.

He could've forgotten to say it, but it was too strange.

Too different.

Cora slowly turned her body around to face the boy, but instead met with her father, who was now standing a few feet away from her.

The brunette swallowed hard but kept her chin high and heartbeat steady, not allowing fear to be the reason she didn't fight back.

Not anymore.