𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

"Cora, wake up." Lena said, her soft voice making the brunette sitting on the floor with her back against the bookshelf open her eyes lazily. "You are aware that you have a dorm, right?"

"Yes, I am aware that I have a dorm." Cora replied with a small smile on her lips, the bags under her eyes displaying more, and placed her hand on the floor, lifting herself up.

"I was going to look for a book that I need for one of my classes, but I'll walk you over to the dorm."

Her friend's generosity made a genuine smile work it's way to Cora's lips. She could never imagine losing such a generous and unique friend. Not in a million years, so she would do anything to keep that from happening.

"No, don't worry about me and focus on finding that book. I'll be in the dorm if you need anything." Cora placed the book that was placed in her hand back to the bookshelf and walked past Lena, making her way to the dorm.

Once she had answered the riddle to the common room, she walked over to her dorm and closed the door behind her.

With a deep breath, she looked down and frowned once her eyes met with the deep scar located in her arm. It made her feel nauseous at the sight of it.

Ever since that night she hadn't been able to sleep as well as she used to. It became a habit of hers to sneak into the library and read a book to keep her entertained and at some point probably make her tired.

And even though she forced herself to read the most tiresome books, the constant fear of seeing her father again kept her awake and cautious around the things around her.

Last night she hadn't hidden from Draco because she thought it was a professor wandering around the library.

No, she thought it was her father coming to hurt her again even though she hadn't said a word about what happened in the woods.

Not knowing how she got there, she found herself under the shower head — feeling the blazing water run throughout her body which left red marks against her pale skin.

She always did like how the pain slowly turned into numbness.

Turning the handle around, completely shutting the shower off, Cora grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her body before walking over to the door.

She turned the doorknob and stepped out of the bathroom, her eyes landing on her low headed roommate who's pacing back and forth.

"Fuck, Lena. What are you doing here? I thought you were going to stay at the library."

"Did I do something that bothered you?" Lena asked, raising her head and placed her confused eyes on Cora's.

Cora shook her head at the sudden question and furrowed her eyebrows. "No, you haven't done anything that bothered me. Why are you asking me that?"

"You've been sneaking out in the middle of the night and don't come back 5 minutes before I wake up. You only do that when you're pissed at me and don't want to see me, so explain to me what I did wrong and I'll try to fix it."

"You've done nothing to piss me off," Cora assured her to which Lena rolled her eyes, not fully believing a word that came out of Cora's mouth. "I swear it, Lena. I've just been having a difficult time sleeping."

"Are you worried about something?" Lena asked and adjusted herself in the bed, getting ready to have a long talk.

"We don't have much time to talk, Lena. Class should begin soon and I need to get ready." She replied and wrapped her hand around the drawer knob, opening it and taking out her clothes.