𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

The heavy, cold air hits Draco's body as his hand pushes the door to the Manor open, revealing the interior of it. With a sigh, he steps inside the Manor and closes the door behind him, the sound of the door closing echoing throughout the Manor. His eyes land on the rich green and silver floor before they shoot upwards at the sound of shoes clicking sharply on the stone floor.

"Draco," his father's voice beams throughout the hall. "You arrived at a perfect time, the man I want you to meet is about to arrive any minutes now, but before he gets here, I want to go over a few things."

"Why couldn't you simply tell me what task he wants me to do in the owl? I have lots of exams going on this week and coming over here leaves me less time to study," he somewhat lies. He did have an extremely large amount of exams to study for, but he never really needed to depend on studying to pass.

"He wants you to do something that we can not discuss over an owl, Draco. Once he's done discussing about your task, you'll be free to go," Lucius states, turning his body around as he walks over to the table in the dining room, Draco walking behind him. "By the way, did the elf open the door for you?"

Draco stays quiet for a few seconds before breathing out inaudibly. "No, the elf didn't open the door for me," he says firmly as he takes a seat on the chair placed in the middle of the long table after his father does so.

Lucius shakes his head in vexation before placing his arms on the armrest of the chair. "Have you surpassed that filthy classmate of yours that always seems to be one place higher than you when it comes to grades?"

Draco's lips stay connected with each other for a few seconds before parting his lips, gathering the courage to talk. "I'm just a few points behind Granger, I'm sure I can pass her if I really put effort into my classes."

A short and humorless laugh leaves his father's throat, Draco's jaw clenching at the sound out it. "How long have you been saying that, Draco? Two years? Three? You've been saying that for so long, I can't even remember when you began saying so."

Draco breathes out harshly through his nose, his eyes never leaving his fathers. "This time it will happen, I swear it."

"Stop fooling yourself, Draco. You and I both know that what's leaving your mouth is not true. A filthy mud-blood knows more than you. You're embarrassing to me and you should be embarrassed of yourself."

A rush of anger runs through his veins at his fathers words, his left hand turning into a fist. Lucius' eyes hastily drop down to Draco's hand, a victorious smile appearing on his lips.

Once Draco's eyes observe as Lucius' lips turn upwards into a smile, he slowly relaxes the muscles in his hand and face without tearing his eyes away from his father's.

A reaction was what his Lucius wanted from him, so he wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of receiving one.

He could care less what his father thought about him. At least that's what he's been telling himself all these years.

"You said you wanted to discuss something with me before your friend arrives. What is it?" Draco asks suddenly with a grating voice, Lucius' body tensing at Draco's question.

Lucius clears his throat before slightly raising his chin higher than before and rests his arms in the table, bringing his hands together, his fingers intertwining. "If you agree to do the task that my friend has tasked you with and you do it correctly, you'll go live with your mother."

Draco slightly shifts his body from his seat at the mention of his mother, drawing his full attention to his father's words. "Where is she? Is she okay?"