The Next Day

"Well, I'm off to the office." Said Boyfriend. "If anybody calls, answer it."

"Calls?" Asked Girlfriend.

"Oh, right." Boyfriend said, remembering Girlfriend wasn't used to human objects. He lead her to his house phone. "This is a phone." He said. "When it rings, Pick it up like this." Boyfriend demonstrated picking up a phone and holding it to his ear. Once Girlfriend fully understood how phones worked, Boyfriend left. "Take care!" He said.

"Have a safe trip!" Girlfriend replied.

A little while after Boyfriend left, Girlfriend heard picking at the door. She even heard voices.

"The person living here is away at this hour."

"Let's finish this quickly." 

Two burglars were trying to pry open the locked door. When they got it open, the first thing they saw was a large, purple beast staring at them. They froze in horror, and then screamed. 

When Boyfriend was getting back from work, he saw the same men talking to the police about what they saw.

"Protect us!" One of them yelled.

"We saw one!" Yelled the other.

"Saw what?" Asked the police officer.

"A monster!" They yelled in unison. 

"I'm home." Boyfriend said when he had finally gotten back.

"Welcome home!" Said Girlfriend.

"Hold the fort down well?" Asked Boyfriend.

"I was lonely." 

"Yeah?"

"I didn't get to kill them either."

"You don't say... Wait, what?!"

The Next Day (At Boyfriend's Job)

"Hey, Boyfriend?" Asked one of Boyfriend's co workers.

"What is it, Pico?" Boyfriend replied.

"Want to go drinking tonight?" Pico asked.

"Well, maybe for one round." Boyfriend said. 

When they were finished with work, they were exiting the building. That's when Boyfriend looked and saw Girlfriend giving Pico a death glare from the corner.

"That girl's looking our way. Someone you know?" Pico asked. 

"Yeah..." Boyfriend said. They walked closer to Girlfriend to speak to her so that she could properly introduce herself.

"I'm Girlfriend." She said. "I'm Boyfriend's maid--" She began, and got in Pico's face, "Someone who lives with him every day!" She said. 

"She's one of my relatives, and I'm looking after her." Boyfriend lied. 

"I'm Pico, his co worker." Pico said to Girlfriend. "Nice to meet you, Girlfriend." 

A/N: The next part may seem confusing, but Pico does NOT have a crush on Boyfriend in this book, and Girlfriend is only about to say what she is about to say because she is really jealous.

"Nice to meet you, too." Girlfriend said with a fake smile on her face. "This man is trying to seduce Boyfriend. I won't allow it!" She thought.

"Me and Boyfriend were about to go out for drinks. Would you like to come? Or are you too young to drink?" He asked.

"I'm old enough, stultus." She said. (Stultus is a Latin word, Girlfriend's demon language, for fool.)