𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐋𝐚𝐤𝐞

Start from the beginning

Usually the female would have dissolve her body into the lake to hide better, to become one with her nature but the young human child whom she had seen for the past two years had come to her lake to hide from the same race who he feared the very most.
(Y/n) can't describe the desperate look the human child had in his eyes. Those blue orbs that was heavenly poured with fear and sadness. That was the first time the young woman had taken the child in her arms and jumped into the water to hide him in a small cave under her lake.

Entering the same small cave the boy sits down on the muddy ground, knees against his chest as the female sat in front of him, legs bend to be able to stay in the cave.

"Do you know why the soldiers are in the village?" (Y/n) asked. She was worried. The unsettling feeling that bubbled in her chest was building up as the human child shakes his head and the young female looked concerned.

"I don't know why they came in the village, it's almost dead by now.." Tommy leans into the cave wall. The uneven surface where big and small roots of the trees had dug their bodies into. The floor had small puddles of water that came through the dirt.

"You can stay here for the mean time. No need to go back until tomorrow." Tommy nods to his motherly friend but watching Tommy feel uncomfortable in the small cave made the female brought the human child into her arms and put him into her lap. The soft warm fabric and the lap to which Tommy rest his head made him feel more relaxed that was until he heard a harp's melody.

Those soft and strong tones that entered his ears was an wordless lullaby. Something he could never get tired of. It was a thing for him and (Y/n), she would play the instrument whenever he was going to sleep. Being an orphan and running around wasn't the fun ideal life the young boy wanted nor needed.

The harp's tone soon made Tommy fall into a tired sleep where he only brought his head closer to the stomach of his motherly friend. He could never hate (Y/n), she was the only reason he was able to grow up a little better than other parentless children and even if he ended up hating her, he would never forgive himself for hating on the person who protected him through his two years he had visit her.

"Mama..." The lullaby ended and the young female let her soft hand caress the blonde locks that the human child owned.
"Sleep child, everything will be alright tomorrow."

"W-where am I?

"W-where am I?.." Brown eyes looked around the area. Darkness had already come over the forest and the howling of animals from the distant scared the young man.
Stepping on stone and twigs with his leather sandals the male feared the forest. The once beautiful tall trees intimated him now in the darkness. The over grown bushes that appeared from place to place seemed to shake every time  Wilbur seemed to take off his eyes off of them.