An Unexpected Visitor

A young cyan haired man stopped the alarm clock on his bedside table from ringing and slowly arose. He groaned in pain.

"Man, my head hurts. I definitely drank too much last night." He muttered. He got up, walked over to his closet, and put on his work clothes. The boy headed to the kitchen and drank his stomach medicine. "God, my lower back is aching." He complained again, walking to his door to leave for work. He then opened his door, just to be greeted by a sight he only thought you'd see in fairy tales.

Before him was a young woman with purple skin, small black horns, large black wings, and a skinny black tail that had a pointy, sharp, arrow-like end to it. She was quite attractive despite this, but it didn't help Boyfriend not to freak out. He froze in fear and broke out in a cold sweat. The creature in front of him then tucked in her tail, wings, and horns and changed her skin color to look more human.

"Good morning, Boyfriend." She said. The young man's mind flooded with thoughts.

"Horns. Tail. Illusion? Where from? Demon? Cosplay? Real? Lack of sleep? Delusion? Stranger. Girl. Will she eat me? Who? Greeting me? Speaking. I'll be eaten. Too tired?" He thought all at once. Boyfriend then came to a conclusion. "Dream." He guessed.

"Good morning." He said back.

"Would it be alright to come in?" The girl asked.

"Oh, sure. Come inside." Boyfriend granted. They sat down, and the girl explained why she showed up at his door. "So, we met yesterday, and I offered to let you stay here?" He asked. "And your name is Girlfriend, am I right?"

"Yes!" Girlfriend said.

"Strange. I'm not waking up from this dream." Boyfriend thought. "Um, where did we meet?" He asked.

"The mountains!" Girlfriend answered. Boyfriend tried to think back to the night before. He remembered being really drunk and walking far into the middle of nowhere. He then remembered seeing a strange creature and having a conversation with it.

"Say, do you want to come stay with me?" He remembered asking the creature. Those words echoed in his head as he gasped in horror. Did he really drunkenly invite a complete stranger to live with him?

"I'll never forget those kind words!" Girlfriend exclaimed. "In return, allow me to start working here as your maid!" She suggested.

"You can't." Boyfriend said. The smile on Girlfriend's face disappeared. "I don't know if you're a demon or whatever, but I'm not planning on hiring anyone." He said.

"But, I wouldn't need any pay!" Girlfriend argued.

"No, that's not the problem..." Boyfriend began.

"I can still be useful! I can turn this entire area into a sea of fire, or curse people to death!" Girlfriend reasoned.

"I don't need you to do that!" Boyfriend exclaimed. "Though, why a maid?" He asked.

"Because you said a maid would be best!" Girlfriend retorted.

"I did?" Boyfriend asked. He then remembered something else he said the night before. "Oh, right." He ran his fingers through his hair and looked Girlfriend in the eyes. "I'm sorry I made a promise I can't keep. But I hope you'll understand... I can't change the impossible." He said.

"It's absolutely impossible?" Girlfriend asked. Boyfriend looked away from her.

"Yeah. I'm sorry." He said.

"Understood." Girlfriend replied, smiling to mask her sorrow. "My apologies as well for dropping in so suddenly." She bowed and headed towards the door. Boyfriend watched her as she left, noticing a tear in the corner of her eye.