"Poor Spencer if this is what he gets to see every night." She muttered and I spat in her face, a mixture of saliva and blood.

"I have some things I want to say so shut your fucking mouth and listen,"

She spent her time struggling to blink blood from her eyes and I revelled in her silence.

"Whatever you and my mother and the Cell in general wanted from me, it's over," I said. "My political career is finished, your political agenda is done. You've lost. We've taken out the majority of your team and no doubt my father has killed your leader by now. Whatever you had planned for Knavs, isn't going to come to fruition. So give it up, you're finished."

She began laughing once I'd finished speaking and I rolled my eyes, squeezing her wrists and making her yell out in pain.

"You have no idea, do you?" She smiled as tears rolled down her cheeks. "We're just the beginning. Where we finish, another one begins. The fight for Knavs will never be over."

"And when another fight for him begins, we'll be there, waiting. You'll never win."

"Maybe not," She tried to shrug. "But we can sure as Hell have fun trying to."

She tried to throw me off her body, but instead I pulled her with me and we rolled across the laminate until we were back in the same position, with me straddling her waist.

"I know the Cell has been engineering everything," I said once she'd stopped struggling and was crying as I squeezed her wrists again.

"I know it was the Cell who created cases for the BAU to investigate to get us out of Virginia and out of office. I know it was the Cell who kidnapped our kids all of those years ago and blamed a perfectly innocent agent.

"I know it was the Cell who broke into Alex Blake's apartment and killed the tenants there, thinking it was her. I know it was the Cell who engineered my promotion to New York to get me out of the way. I know the Cell planted Dylan to get close to Spencer, and I know it's the Cell who are to blame for every little thing that has gone wrong in my team's lives.

"I know that long after this is over with, the Cell will regenerate and evolve and will continue to manipulate politics and the Bureau to suit their agenda. But so long as my family are in the Bureau, we will be dedicated to seeing you fall."

She threw her hair out of her face with a snap of her neck and smiled up at me.

"Nice little speech, but if you kill me, who will repeat it back to my superiors?"

I rolled my eyes and let go of her broken wrist to snatch the wire from her ear.

"I know what a comms unit looks like, and I know that your superiors can hear and see everything going on here today."

She frowned up at me and hit her hand out, punching me square in the face.

I fell to the laminate flooring, cradling my face and she stood, a gun in her hands, trained on me.

I looked up at her, wondering if this was truly it, no blanks, no games, just death.

For a moment, I wondered what I'd say if I had one final moment with my family.

Would I cry? Would I tell them how much they mean to me? Would I waste precious moments on words?

Or would I tell them it'd all be okay, no matter what happens, because I'd be there with them, through every step they took.

Instinctively, I closed my eyes, seeing my family's faces before my eyes.

Overview