Jeongguk turned his back and walked into the living room, wondering who he just saw, and what he was doing in this house. Jeongguk's questions ate up his brain, and he looked and saw two women sitting on the couches, sat as if they were whispering something to one another.

"Jeongguk!" Rosie exclaimed, and her eyes lit up, but her voice was soft. That's what Jeongguk liked about her. She was always so soft-spoken. "You never said a proper hello to Veronica."

Veronica, Jeongguk thought and looked at the other woman on the couch. Curls of dark black hair fell till her chin, and she wore sharp red lipstick and some kind of glossy silver on her eyes. Intimidating. "Nice to meet you." Jeongguk smiled.

"Nice to meet you too, Jeongguk," Veronica spoke, and Jeongguk saw her in contrast to his own sitting beside her. Rosie, with her long blonde hair and bright green eyes, cherry pink lips, and smaller frame. "I must apologize tremendously for not attending the wedding. I heard it was nice. Rosie, you must show me pictures,"

"There's plenty! And I told you to come. It was such a pleasant day, wasn't it, Jeongguk?" Rosie asked with a smile, and Jeongguk hummed, nodding. Rosie turned back to face Veronica. "You must come with the two of us in the summer, we're going back to Yorkshire for a month to visit. I like London, I really do... but I already miss home." Rosie said, her shoulders falling ever so slightly. Jeongguk didn't find it in him to comfort her;

"London's nice. Do you work, Veronica?" Jeongguk asked, and Veronica looked at him.

"How nice of you. So uncommon to hear men showing interest to the work of women," She chuckled, though her voice was dry, almost calculating, ironically flaring little interest. "I'm a professor, I teach English," Veronica stated, and Jeongguk nodded.

It was odd to feel so intimidated by a woman only a few years elder to him, but he felt a need to. "Jeongguk's a lawyer," Rosie said with a gleam.

Jeongguk chuckled out. "Rosie- I-I'm not a lawyer. I go to law school. I'm finishing this year, but otherwise I'm a secretary at the Edwards Adams law firm," Jeongguk said, and Rosie let out a fond smile.

"Well, you're going to become a lawyer. A good one, too." Rosie said, and Jeongguk found a warm smile coming to his face.

"My husband's a lawyer," Veronica said, and Jeongguk looked at her. "Perhaps he could help you out," That's when Rosie's eyes grew wide like saucers as if forgetting something impotently vital.

"Your husband! Where is he?" Rosie let out, and it was rather endearing, how excited she got over everything.

Jeongguk's mind went back to the man he saw earlier in the foyer. The meeting felt false. As if it never occurred. Maybe it didn't. Just Jeongguk's mind playing an illusion. That probably explained the indefinite glow around him.

"Oh, right. I completely forgot," Veronica chuckled, and it was almost captivating how mannish she came across, though looking young and prim. "Taehyung, come here, would you? He's been awfully busy lately, some new case he's been working with. You know how hard it's been to get a job lately, so Taehyung's having to do the work of 10."

Jeongguk sat down beside Rosie, who looked at him with a shy smile. Veronica got up for a fraction to go get her husband, Jeongguk assumes. "I told you about her, remember? We were best friends when we were younger, but then she moved to London."

"She seems much older than you," Jeongguk pointed out.

"Oh, she is. Wouldn't want to reveal her age, but she's not too far from 30." Rosie chirped. Jeongguk himself was only 23, and Rosie 22. They were young, far too young to be alone in a big city like this with barely a job to cling onto. Jeongguk was studying law in King's College while Rosie was studying botany in a women's college. Jeongguk suggested she pursue something more useful, like business, or even English. But Rosie shrug him off and told him that's a mans job, and she's happy with gardening. Jeongguk didn't fight that.