1.8

a:n/ The past, remember? Don't forget.

k a y l e i g h

"You should probably get to bed." Mum said. She was right, it was ten-thirty. I grabbed Harry and walked upstairs. I put him in his bed and walked out the room. He was shouting and I could hear him throwing toys around the room. I didn't know what was going on with him. I climbed into bed and texted Taylor.

Taylor: Just met this perfect guy online.

Me: Ew, you trust those sites?

Taylor: Facebook, yes!

Me: Some guy added me and he had a picture of a car. So I was like 'If you have a picture of a car as your profile picture, I will automatically assume you are a transformer' and he deleted me. Forever alone. What's this guy like?

Taylor: Well, you're an idiot. I'd delete you too;). He's called Scott Daniels, he says my last name Swanton is cute, whereas I hate it. 'Taylor Swanton', who does that? He likes the same things as me. Except, he wants to be a lawyer and I just want to be married and be a full-time Mummy.

Me: Taylor, I'll text later. He sounds perfect, but I hear shouting. Sorry, don't know what's happening lately. Family is just falling apart.

Taylor: I'm always here if you need to talk, Kayleigh. Ily.

Me: ily2

I heard Harry cry, so I grabbed him and sat at the top of the stairs just listening. Harry stopped crying too and just held onto me. He was looking down the stairs, every time the shouting got a little louder he would whimper and bury his head in my chest. I stroked his curls and kissed his head.

"So you would of been satisfied if we left our daughter in Sydney?" I heard my Mum scream at my dad. I heard a plate being thrown around the room.

"It's much better than having her cry over every single, because she misses him so much." He shouted. Another loud crash followed that. "It's fucking annoying."

"He was a grown man, not to mention her teacher. The fucking press would have a field trip with that story." She shouted. (They'd have a field trip with the story because it's a student and teacher.)

"Why are they shouting?" Harry asked and I looked down at him. I just held him close. I didn't want him to hate me too.

"What does it fucking matter! She would've been fine! I'm sick of hearing cries from her fucking room. I'm tired of her moping around the house. Tell her to go to school! Or tell her to fuck off to him, I've had enough!"

"He didn't want her! You did not see that by the way he walked passed her with another girl! He's a prick! And don't you dare talk about my baby girl like that because I'll kill you!" Mum shouted and I heard a few screams from her. She ran out and saw us listening. She had blood on her face, Dad came out and blood on his hands and a nasty glare. Mum walked upstairs to us and told me to go in my room.

-

"I'm sorry." I said as Mum sat on my bed and held me. She lay next to me and held me close to her for a while. Harry was curled up in a ball asleep. Small cries came from my mum. I held her and she cried more. I cried her, because I didn't know what to do, it's hard seeing the person who's so strong, cry.