What?

Flashback two years ago

I sat at the top of the bowl at the skatepark, sobbing and shivering in the cold. My legs dangled off the edge. The stars above were the only things accompanying me that night. Or so I thought.

"Y/n?" I heard beside me. Startled, I jumped slightly, but gazed up to see Frank standing there. I didn't say anything.

"Sorry..." He sat beside me, "What's going on?" He asked. I didn't answer. But then felt a sensation of warmth around my body. I gazed over to find Frank no longer had his jacket on.

"Th...thanks..."

"It's nothing, you gonna be okay?" I shrugged.

"Daisy... Daisy and I got into... into a big fight..." I began sobbing once more.

"Oh..."

"She's just so... so... self absorbed..." I stuttered, "She acts like she's this angel of a person and is so... so great. She's not!"

"Yeah?" I nodded.

"She always tries to make me... make me into what she wants. I tell her... I tell her no... and then she gets mad and says it's for the best and... I..." I just started crying again.

"C'mere..." He wrapped his arms around me. I did the same for him. We sat there for almost ten minutes until I calmed down and he walked me home.

"Do you want your jacket back?" I asked, standing on the porch facing him.

"Nah, you can keep it."

"You sure?" He nodded, "Thank you..." I kissed his cheek before turning around and unlocking the door.

"Y/n?" He asked. I turned back around.

"Yeah?"

"I..." He hesitated before speaking more, "Goodnight Y/n..."

"Goodnight Frank..."

Flashback over

About a week had gone by where Pete began talking to me more and more. Which led to an unexpected interaction at my locker this morning, where Pete was waiting for me.

"Hey Pete..." I greeted, confused as to why he was there.

"Hey..." He greeted back, awkwardly. Pete held himself nervously with his arms crossed and his eyes not meeting mine.

"Wassup?" I asked, spinning the lock to my combination until it opened.

"Uhm, I kinda wanna, ask you something."

"What is it?" I asked, curiously as I put my things away.

"So, y'know how you said you're gonna be going to anti-prom?"

"Yeah..."

"Well," He rubbed the back of his neck, and gazed at the lockers on the other side of the hall, "I was thinking, maybe you could go with me...?" I immediately stopped what I was doing and looked at him, shocked.

"You're asking me?" I asked, in complete disbelief.

"Is that alright?" He had suddenly gained his confidence again and gazed into my eyes.

"Yeah, I just thought, if you'd ask anyone, it'd be Daisy." He just scoffed at the sound of this.

"I don't wanna talk about Daisy," He spoke annoyed, but his tone immediately became soft with his next words, "So, will you go with me?"

"Uhm," Pete... I don't even like Pete... and Daisy would be so upset... but he doesn't even like her... and Pete is the type Daisy wants me to go for...

"Y'know what? Yeah, sure, I'll go to anti-prom with you." At the sound of this he smiled wide.

"Cool! I, should probably... probably get to class..."

"Alright, I'll see ya..." I smiled before he ran off.

I gazed down at my shoes, biting back a smile. It is nice to be going to anti-prom with someone...

Then, I finished gathering my things from my locker and shut it before walking into first period. Frank was sat at his normal seat, more giddy than usual.

"Y/n, babe, Y/n..." He was leaning towards me in his seat while his leg bounced rapidly as I sat down.

"Yeah?" I asked, curiously.

"Anti-prom is this weekend." I smiled at his excitement.

"Yeah, I know..."

"Do you... do you wanna go together?" Oh my god... I'm gonna break his heart...

"Oh Frank..." I spoke saddened. His excitement slowly began to fade.

"What is it?" He asked, matching my energy.

"Pete just asked me. I said yes."

"What?"

"I'm so sorry..." I spoke.

"But... but he knew..." As his excitement faded he became more and more upset.

"What?" I asked.

"He knew I was gonna ask-" The bell rang, and the teacher started talking, ending our conversation. Frank wouldn't even look at me for the rest of the class period. Even when I tried to talk to him.

"Frank..." I whispered during work time, "Frank...?" He didn't speak, "I'm sorry..."

"It's fine." He stated, keeping his attention on his desk. The bell then rang and everyone, including Frank and I, left for our next class.

"Daisy," I began as I sat beside her in second hour, "Uhm, something happened this morning, promise you won't get mad?" She looked at me strangely.

"What the fuck happened?"

"Pete asked me to anti-prom... and I said yeah..."

"What!?" She stood up and slammed her hands on the table, causing everyone to look our way.

"Yeah..."

"Why'd he ask you?" I just shrugged, her voice became soft and saddened, "Why not me?" She slowly slumped down into her seat, "He was supposed to ask me..." She spoke quietly.

"Daisy," I set a hand on her shoulder, "Are you okay?"

"No!" She jerked her shoulder away from me, "I mean," She took a deep breath, "Good for you..."

"What?" I asked.

"Finally getting over Frank." She spoke in a rude tone.

"Yeah, I guess so..." I hadn't even realized I was frowning until she brought my chin up and began again.

"Don't be sad. This is good. You're learning. Boys like Frank don't deserve girls like you or me." She brought her hand away from my chin when the teacher came over and told us to be quiet. At that point I hadn't even noticed the bell had rung.

As class went on I felt Daisy's stare stuck to me. She's jealous... it's not my fault... he asked me... maybe I should've said no... it's too late now...

"Y/n?" She quietly asked. I hummed, "Would you like to go dress shopping after school, then?" Really? She never asks to go dress shopping... doesn't want me to get the 'good' dresses... cause god forbid I look better than her...

"Sure, I'd love to."

"Good..." The bell then rang and we made our way to our next classes.

OwO-
Ayo new chapter. I'm writing these super fast like??? I haven't had this much motivation in awhile. Ig I like just writing for one book. It's very nice. I literally finished this chapter the same day I finished last chapter so-
I have a lot of time. Have a wonderful day~peace out cheesebags