12

September 13, 2020
3:17 am, Jay's apartment

Screams of a girl. Not just any girl. One that Kimberly was way too familiar with.

"JiJi?" Kimberly spoke groggily as she had just woken up from a nap. "Is that you?! Where are you?!" Kimberly desperately screamed after getting her senses back. She rushed out of the sofa, running around the house looking for the source of the voice which she surely knew was her best friends'. "JiJi!" She screamed as she entered a pitch-black room with a single light at the corner where the now quiet girl stood, facing her back at Kimberly. Kimberly hugged her from the back, sobbing, "You don't know how much I missed you! Where have you been?" She asks, letting go only for the other to collapse. She was now laying on the floor with blood coming from everywhere on her body. Kimberly fell on her knees, crying while shaking her friend. "I know you're okay! You have to be okay!"

She gasps sitting on the sofa, "You have to be okay!" She repeats. She starts to look around, soon coming to the conclusion that what she had just seen was nothing but a dream. She grabs the blanket that was previously on top of her body and pulls it all the way to her mouth with her legs pressed on her chest while she begins to sob.

At that moment a door opens in front of her revealing Jay with joggers, a loose grey t-shirt, and disheveled hair, along with a sleepy face. With a worried face, he walks over to Kimberly and sits in front of her. "You woke me up with your screams."

She looks up taking in the situation before responding, "S- sorry."

He sighs, "What happened? Had a bad dream?"

She nods, stopping herself from letting out more tears. "I'm sorry, you can go back to sleep I won't disturb you again." She mutters, laying herself back down. She closed her eyes back down, almost drifting off to sleep but when she felt being carried she shot her eyes open. "What do you think you're doing??" She asks moving around in the older's arms.

"You look uncomfortable on the sofa. I can't believe you are stubborn enough to convince me to let you sleep on the sofa. There are two rooms, two beds I don't get why you would want to sleep there." He explains as he walks into the room next to his.

"And I can't believe you are stubborn enough to convince me to stay here overnight when my father could beat me up for it." She rolls her eyes as he lays her down on the room's bed. "And we have to go to school in some hours."

"Let's just skip school there is nothing wrong with that."

"Yeah because you are a top student but I am dumb I need to learn you know?"

"Then I'll help you with lessons. Just stop thinking about that. We'll go to the building when you wake up okay?" She hums, shutting her eyes.

Jay glances at her once more with a slight smile before stepping out.

7:30 am

Kimberly flutters her eyes open from her sleep after 15 minutes she decides to get up from bed and step out of the room. She looks left and right for any sign of Jay however confirmed he has not woken up yet. She walks to the restroom to wash her face and do her necessities before going into the kitchen. Since the previous day the older had cooked for her she decided to repay the favor. She looked around the kitchen looking for what to cook.

Once she is done she heads to Jay's room. She knocks on the door before opening it and stepping in. She sees the boy still peacefully on his bed so she heads over to tap his back so he can wake up, "Jay wake up." After some time the boy's eyes flutter open. He groans before sitting up. "Come on. I made breakfast." He nods though he remains sitting. Kimberly rolls her eyes before forcefully pulling him up. "Dude you said that we would go there once I wake up! Come on get up!" She says while struggling.

The boy finally fully opens his eyes, "Fine fine fine. Let's go eat breakfast," and so they do.

After breakfast the two took a shower, Kimberly borrowing some of Jay's clothes. She denied the offer at first but when the boy said that she had already used his clothes last night as pajamas she rolled her eyes though she felt something in her stomach, and she could feel her cheeks heating up making her quickly leave the scene only making Jay lightly chuckle.

8:30 am

When the two were all ready they wasted no time and went out of the apartment and walked the streets until they were in front of the familiar building. "So what's the plan?" Jay asks as they analyze the building.

"We break the chain, I go inside, you stay here, if I need help I'll scream, and you come to my rescue. Easy right?"

"Sure that could work if you don't die before you get to scream that is." He rolls his eyes as he used one of the tools he brought to open the lock. "Let's just go in together, try your best to not get away from me." He says as he begins walking now it was Kimberly's turn to roll her eyes.

They stealthy walk in making sure to not make any noise only to see an empty room. It looked like it was once a lobby though now it was long forgotten or it was never even fully constructed. They continue to walk the first floor, carefully opening every room they come across but were sadly disappointed every time. Now, they were finally heading into the second floor. There were no doors at all like the first floor, this was all plain. There were only two desks, a bookshelf, and what seemed like a very used and old bed. At that moment from the third floor came a pale, stumbling boy who had obviously not received enough food nor water for a long time he seemed to had gotten beaten up too. He was about to lay on the uncomfortable bed, not until he made eye contact with the 2 new pairs of eyes. One of the pairs startled him, knowing that person too well.

"Wonie..."