Chapter Fifteen

"I'm not mad, I'm tired, there's a difference."
Listen to... Burnin' For You by Blue Oyster Cult

 Burnin' For You by Blue Oyster Cult

CANCER

Sitting in the waiting room, Cancer held the tissues that were provided to her by the front desk lady. Today felt like a long day for her and she was doing her best to keep her breath even. Leo wanted to hold onto her hand and she let it happen. The physical touch made her feel some sort of comfort. Scorpio said that she was going to get food for them while they waited.

"Miss Cancer?" The nurse's voice announced for her. Cancer let go of Leo's hand as she stood up, making her way towards the nurse that held the door for her. Walking towards the back of the small urgent care center, she gets lead to a small room full of necessities.

"Sit down for me," the nurse tells Cancer after closing the door for her. Cancer hops on the padded table, sitting there as the nurse began to ask questions.

"Can I check your head, see if you need stitches before we make sure it's a concussion?" The nurse questions Cancer. Lowering her hand from her head, she shows the damage that's been done to her head. The nurse told Cancer to cover it back up, telling her she'll go get the doctor.

Cancer sighed, wanting the blood to be done with. Head wounds are always bloodier than anyone wants them to be. Blood everywhere for a small scratch. The doctor soon comes back with a suture kit, confirming to Cancer that they have to stitch her head.

"Great," she mutters to the doctor. He gives her a small smile, asking her how it happened. She told him that she tripped over her friend and manage to hit her head on the coffee table.

"I basically live in a frat house. I'm practically the mom of the house," Cancer complains to the doctor as he started with the sutures. They continued to hold a conversation as if trying to make sure she is awake as he works on her small wound. She ended up with seven stitches.

Cancer soon walked out of the back, her head all cleaned up with the help of the nurse. She stood there with a piece of paper, seeing Leo wait for her. He stood up, rushing over to her. He gently cups her face in his hands, staring at the wound that was healed up.

"I have this medicine they want me to take, saying to prevent infection since I told them about the house. Oh, I also managed to not get a concussion," Cancer explained the diagnostics of her head. Leo pulls her into a hug, not worrying about the blood that covered her shirt. It also covered his own and he was fine with it at this point.

"Leo, I'm fine!"
"I was worried!" He shouts back at her as he pulled away from her. The two walk out of the clinic, heading towards the car that was waiting for them. Cancer sat in the front with Scorpio and Leo was in the back with all the food.

"How's the head?" Scorpio questions as she began to drive back to the house. Leo explained what he was told as Cancer began to eat, she was hungry and knew she needed to get some nutrients in.