Chapter 1: Back to Edolas - Part I

"So here's the situation," Laxus said, a sheet of paper in his hands. "We have two women who are currently missing after the Crocus Flood, Nashi Dragneel, who you all probably know as Natsu and Lucy's eldest daughter. Who was...if I'm reading this correctly, 'Dragged into some alternate portal thing inside the interdimensional arena by this stupid, ugly, looks nothing like me guy named Frost.' Is that correct, Gideon?"

Everyone turned to Gideon, who looked horrible. It had been a week since the games came to their abrupt end, and he looked like a mess. He had barely slept in the time since Nashi was taken, and it showed.

"Yeah, that's right," Gideon said.

"I can't believe Nashi was kidnapped," Layla said, "I mean, this is Nashi, she's about the most intimidating woman you'd ever meet, how did someone get the jump on her?"

"Must have...caught her off guard," Gideon muttered.

"While she was in the middle of an intense battle royale? Wouldn't her guard have been...extremely up?"

Gideon stared at Layla, and from the look in his eyes, she realized that logic was not going to help either of them in this situation. So instead she just tightened her fist, shook it up in the air, and said, "Screw the bastard!"

"The other missing party is Molly Rose, who you might not know as well. Molly is a younger member of our guild, you may know her sister, Lillian Rose. Molly was kidnapped by an older man. But luckily in her case, we know who's taken her thanks to those who were with her at the time. So from here on, we're going to set up two teams to retrieve each victim. I think we have some guildmates with an obvious interest in each case so we'll start from there." Laxus looked down at Natsu, who sat at a table with his family, all but Liddan that is. "I assume you're interested in getting your daughter back, so I'll be leaving you as leader of 'Team Nashi'."

"Whoa, hold up," Gideon put his hand up, "I'm her fiance and I was there when the kidnapping happened, shouldn't I be the one leading the team?"

"If you were married, maybe, but dad trumps fiancee," Natsu said, "also, you already failed to save her once—"

"Hey—"

"Okay, too far, I admit it," Natsu shook his head.

"So that's an obvious two with Gideon and Natsu," Laxus said, "is anyone else—"

"Yup," Layla shot her hand up, "I'll go too. She's my sister, I'm not leaving her behind for anything."

"Wait," Lucy spoke up, "maybe I could come too, I could have Levy watch the kids—"

"No, you need to stay with Jude," Natsu said, "he's sore from losing Molly, he needs his mother with him."

Lucy took a deep breath, nodding along as she scrambled to find the words. "You're right...just...get Nashi back."

She sat back down, and her body seemed to collapse as she found comfort on the bench. The Dragneels were a mess, and there was this overwhelming sense of pity for the family as they all collectively moved out of the guildhall.

"So, we have any leads as to where that portal was headed?" Layla asked.

"No clue," Gideon sighed, "she could be anywhere."

"I mean, I could try and contact Basil, see what he knows about the Deadly Sins, they were the ones behind the whole arena imploding and flooding."

"But Frost was from Howl Caedo, was he a double agent or something?"

The questions left unanswered would quickly find some resolution right as the three exited the guildhall. Within a moment, they were face to face with Liddan, who was lurking right outside the door waiting for them, or someone.