Chapter 12 - Sickness

8 weeks on

Zoey's POV
It has been 8 weeks since Erik was told the truth about me and we have become so much closer, plus these mate links have really helped us to fall even deeper into love. We can practically feel each other all the time and what we are feeling, which makes the sex interesting. I can hear his thoughts sometimes, just little bits here and there as he is passing by me. It's not a lot, normally feelings and they are always normally the same one, I want her now.

Erik told me the full truth about who he was and about how he is best friends with the King of Werewolves. He told me that he is the head assassin/guard and that his King trusts him. He told me that Reece, the King, wants to meet me and I told him that he will, someday. Right now I just wanted to spend time with Erik. He'd told me that his parents are indeed dead and that is why he lives with Reece. I felt bad for him.

Erik has been a little worried about me lately because I have been feeling a little sore and queasy. My bra and some of my corset clothes have become a bit too tight for me to wear, I felt really bloated. I was also really tired and so tired sometimes that I got really dizzy. Erik was getting really concerned and worried about me.
"I'm off home." I sighed at him as I felt tired again and decided to go home.
"You sure you don't want to stay? You seem a little peckish."
"I know, but I just want to go home, have some blood and go to bed." I groaned as I got up from the sofa and kissed him lightly. His lips tasted of food, which made me want to be sick and I walked home. I climbed up to my room and lay down on my bed to try to settle my turning stomach.

Reece's POV
I had thought over about the fact that my best friend was mated to a vampire and not just to any vampire, but to the vampire princess, who he had been told to look at on and see if she was a threat. I mean he tells me that she is not one, but he still has not allowed me to see her. He says that she has been ill lately and needs time. I was going to gladly give her time, but I needed to see her and I didn't trust her parents.

Zoey's POV
My stomach turned again and this time it was like something was pushing at me to be sick. I ran to my bathroom and threw up in the toilet. I groaned as I threw up everything I'd eaten and that wasn't much. I was mostly throwing up anything I'd had to drink. I sighed as I leaned my head against the cold, tiled floor and waited for the spasms in my stomach to go away.
"Zofia, are you ok? I heard you..." My nanny started to say and then she found me on the floor. "Oh my baby, what happened?" She asked as she came rushing into my bathroom.
"I don't feel well, nanny." I said to her and she tried to get me up, but I moaned and ended up throwing up again. "What's happening?" I cried to her as she cleaned me up and washed everything away.
"I don't know, come let's get you to bed." She said as she got me up and into my bed. "Tell me the truth, are you having sex?" She asked me and I looked deep into her eyes, but I didn't see any judgement there, so I nodded. She sighed at me as he ran her hand over my stomach. "Have you been careful?"
"We were, but I think it was 2 months ago that we just stopped."
"Why did you stop?"
"Because he...we...oh nanny." I said to her as I stood up and cried in to her shoulder. "He's a werewolf and we're mates." I cried into her shoulder.
"You're with a werewolf?" Nanny asked and I nodded.
"Oh what do I do? Does this mean I'm pregnant?" I cried at her and she pulled me back to look at me.
"Let me ask you some questions." I nodded to her and she looked at me. "Have your clothes been getting tighter?" I nodded to her. "Have you been tired? Dizzy?" I nodded to both of the questions that she asked. "Headaches? Aversion to food?" I nodded at the headaches.
"I don't really eat anyway, but when I kissed Erik just now, he tasted like food and it made me sick."
"Yes, I believe you are pregnant." She sighed at me and then my bedroom door slammed open to reveal my mother standing there, fuming at me.
"You're pregnant? You little slut!" She screeched at me as she came over to me and slapped me. I cried and my nanny got in front of me.
"Please, your Majesty, don't hurt her, she's in love."
"Well who is the father? What vampire did this to you?"
"He's..." I tried to say, but I didn't and nanny looked at me, but I pleaded with her not to say anything with my eyes.
"His name is Erik and he's...he's a werewolf." My nanny said and I felt so betrayed.
"A werewolf?! Please tell me you're lying to me." My mother asked nanny Cristina and then she looked at me. I was on my bed, rubbing my sore face and I shook my head.
"It's true, I'm a werewolf's mate." I said defiantly as I pulled back my hair to show the two scratches on my neck. "I love him and he loves me."
"You little...disappointment, what did I do that caused you to be in love with a dog? He is our enemy and you are having his child." She fumed. "I want you to get rid of that thing and never see that dog again. You are never to leave this castle again."
"You can't do that! I'm 18 and I can make my own decisions!" I screamed at her.
"I can and I will, you are such a disappointment and I am going to make you see sense." She said as she slammed my door shut and left me. I growled in frustration and got out of bed.
I tried to open my bedroom door and my balcony door, but they were both sealed shut with my parent's security system. There was no way I was getting through this. I banged against the door.
"I hate you!" I screamed, but I knew she couldn't hear me and I leaned against the door before crying. I wrapped my arms around my stomach and cuddled my baby close to me. My mother will not take this child from me.

Athelma's POV
That little disappointment. How could she do this to us? Now no self respecting vampire would take her. She was forever tainted by that dog and how could she say that she loved him? I huffed as I went into my husband's study and banged the doors open.
"Our daughter is a slut!"
"What are you talking about?"
"She's mated with a werewolf and is carrying his child!" I screeched at him and he paled as he looked at me.
"Are you serious?"
"Deadly,"
"I'll kill him." He growled seriously.
"I agree, we must scale an attack on those mutts now!"
"Assemble the guards and where is she?"
"Locked in her room." I waved my hand.
"How is she?"
"Why do you care so much how she is? She's a mated slut and she will abort that child if it is the last thing I do."
"Maybe she's under a spell,"
"So under a spell that she mates with him, wears his mark and carries his child? No, she is in love, she proclaimed it herself." I growled at him.
"We'll kill him and anyone who protects him, no one does this to our Princess." He ordered and then left to get the guards. I smiled to myself as I thought how I was about to get my revenge on those mangy wolves for what they did to my parents, I just needed a reason and now I have one, they got my daughter pregnant.

Reece's POV
"Your majesty, we have received word that the vampire King and Queen are getting ready to stage an all out attack." One of my guards told me as he came rushing into my study.
"We must attack first, we must kill the King and Queen."
"Kill the King and Queen?" He looked shocked. "What about Erik's mate?"
"We'll leave her, but kill the King and Queen, I'm going to Erik now." I said as I rushed out of the study and over to Erik's. I would get the drop on them before they got it on us. I would kill them.

~o0O0o~

So now she know she's pregnant, but she's also started a war....tut tut