I freaked out and tried to run away but once again failed miserably. This man really liked holding my hand.

"Wait. Do you not remember when we met or when we started dating?"

I shook my head in disagreement.

"But you have to remember when we got married. I mean it was such a special day for us." He looked at me almost desperately hoping I would say yes, that I did in fact remember our wedding or special moment with him. But the reality was that I had forgotten everything.

I shook my head once again in disagreement and he appeared even more anxious.

It looked like he was about to cry again but out of sadness this time.

"But you.." He stopped speaking and appeared deep in thought. He passed his fingers through his hair clearly out of worry as he observed me.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember." This man seemed very upset but so was I.

There was so much about my life that I didn't recall. It felt almost as if I had just been born. Everything felt new to me. I didn't know whether these people were telling me the truth. I was oblivious to everything.

What hurt me more was that I didn't even recognize my own reflection in the mirror. I didn't even recognize myself.

I began to feel emotional as the gravity of the situation began to sink in.

"I don't remember anything. You, this house, the people who work here. I don't recall anything. You and everyone are strangers. I don't even recognize myself." I tried desperately to hold in my tears but it was to no avail, I was already crying.

The man pulled me closer to him and embraced me once again. Only this time I hugged him back needing comfort.

Why was this happening to me? I felt almost like a newborn. New to this world, a foreigner to this land. Everything felt new to me.

After I finally managed to calm down the man led me to the living room. I sat on the couch and watched as the man made a phone call in another room.

Then he came back and sat beside me.

"Well since you don't remember who I am, I guess I'll introduce myself. I'm Xavier Kingston, it's a pleasure to meet you"

He faced me and put his hand out for me to shake it.

I stared at him, surprised at his sudden introduction.

However I reached for his hand and shook it.

"I'm Audrey..." I stopped mid sentence, I couldn't recall my last name.

"Nice to meet you." I said.

I moved my hand away but he wouldn't let go. His hand was a lot larger than mine.

He raised my hand and placed it in front of his lips, giving it a kiss

"You're very beautiful Audrey."

He didn't say a word but simply stared at me with loving eyes.

I suddenly felt shy.

I couldn't deny it, this man was very handsome.

"Well since you don't remember me we'll have to start from the beginning. I'll have to make you fall in love with me again. We're already married and living together so we'll have plenty of time."

He appeared hopeful.

I didn't know how to react. Luckily the doorbell saved me from saying anything at all.