Death

( 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 )

( 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 )

Aria was going in and out of consciousness as the demon blood in her body was too much for her siren body to handle. A bubble formed around her body causing her eyes to snap open, glowing gold irises that could be seen for miles in the dark ocean.

A purple glowing circle appeared inside the bubble and hands grabbed her into the circle. Aria gasped for air as she was no longer in water. "What have you been up to little fish?" Anthony questioned as he scanned her body for injuries. He shook his head as he healed her broken arm and claws. Aria hadn't even noticed that she had been injured while killing the sea creature.

She coughed up a black liquid and then passed out. Anthony wiped the liquid off her mouth and positioned her body to be more comfortable. "Rest little fish" he whispered as he started to take the poisonous demon blood out of her body through her nose and mouth.

He paused and furrowed his eyebrows together as he found a different type of demon blood flowing through her veins. The nonpoisonous demon blood was functioning as her own blood pumping through her veins. It was not fully siren blood, even though they were demons their blood was distinct in the fact that it stood out. The nonpoisonous demon was mixed with her blood and somehow her body was producing it.

Anthony was confused, he had never seen a siren be able to handle any other demon blood than their own. Siren blood was dominant and didn't allow any room for hybrids. How is the little fish not dead and what is this all over her body? Anthony thought and studied the golden veins covering her body.

𝘈𝘳𝘪𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘦𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦 𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴. 𝘏𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘦𝘭𝘥. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳. 𝘈 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘤 𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘨 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳.

𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯. 𝘉𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘬𝘯𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘭𝘦𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵.

𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰 𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯.

Aria's eyes snapped open as she sat up gasping for air. She always had that dream when she started to get too close to people. It meant for her to get away because getting close only caused death. Aria quickly stood up and started to head for the door.

"Little fish, where are you going?" Anthony asked causing Aria to freeze in her place. She turned around and smiled.

"I was going to see my father" she quickly thought of an excuse and Anthony nodded believing her. She walked out of the apartment and wandered through the streets. Her mind was racing trying to figure out why her mother had tried to kill her.

Although her mother didn't love her, she didn't care about her enough to waste her time killing her. Her mother promised that she would never see her again and her mother kept her promises. So,why would she call her and then try to kill her? And, where was her father?

She stopped in front of an abandoned building and decided to explore it to distract herself. She walked into the building and looked around. It was filthy and dark as expected and she could hear creatures moving around freely.

She sunk to the floor as her mind thought of all the things that could have happened to her father. She shook her head and smiled urging those thoughts away.

A gust of wind blew behind and she jumped up excited at the vampires presence. "Ryder, about time. I was starting to think that you forgot about me" she said playfully as she turned around.

Ryder had a blank expression on his face causing Aria to look at him confused. "I just thought that you needed to know that Sebastian er-Jonathan is dead since you seemed to know him," Ryder said and he could see the self-restraint she had for herself dissolve.

She had only been with her father for a month and he was already gone. Her body started to shake and she repeatedly screamed the word "no". She fell to her knees and cried out. Ryder stood there not wanting to leave her in such a distressed state.

"Why did you leave me again?" Aria screamed out as tears fell from her eyes.

"You were supposed to stay with me" she cried her voice cracking on the word stay.

Yay I updated! I make the chapters as I go so that's why my updates are so random and I only write when I have inspiration. Also I've just finished "Word of Honor" and oh my gosh it was so good. I have still neglected to rewatch the shadowhunters which is why anything related to the plot is vague. I don't really know the timeline so if it's inconsistent then I apologize. I hope y'all are having a good.
-lynn