Casual Act ~ Ch56

Start from the beginning

As a young girl in the castle, I would use towels that would absorb the blood. But now here, in this era, who knows what they use. Do they even still menstruate here? I was kind of freaking out and at moments like these I wish I was back at the palace in my own comfort zone. Or maybe even beside Nobara who was another girl I could speak to on this matter. But no, I was in a hotel surrounded by strangers, one man and one man-child.

Before I could allow myself to freak out any longer, I exited the room and wondered down the hallway in hopes tht the anwer would just simply present itself to me. My pride would not allow me to ask Yuuji or Satoru for help. How would I be able to look them in the eyes again if I did?

Like an angel to my prayers, a considerably young woman walked down the hall. She confidently strided down the path with her heel clicking against the floor as she took each step. Her presence was almost intimidating and actually managed to make me gulp in attempt to find the right words. Do I just blurt out the question? Or do I make small talk first?

Before I had even made up my mind on which option to choose, the lady had walked passed me and my mumbling mess of a person behind. So before she could get any further than a few steps, I blurted out a greeting.
"Uuhm! E-Excuse me, ma'am!?" I called out, slightly reaching towards her as if she would disappear. That was how people in this era greeted, right?

The lady turned around to face me with a slightly confused look, looking around to see if I was actually talking to someone else. But there was no one else in this corridoor, only me and her.
"Yes, love?" She answered politely, putting a friendly smile on her face which instantly eased my nerves. Why couldn't everyone just smile more often?

"Um...I'm menstruating and I don't have..." I mumbled out, trailing off as I tried to find words that would fit my sentence but also be quite vague as in reality I wasn't sure what I was actually asking for. It seems as the lady seemed to know what I was talking about anyway, letting out an amused chuckle.
"Aww, you need some pads?" She suggested, putting the words into my mouth for me. Pads? What in the world were pads?

Even without knowing what she was talking about, I nodded eagerly at her words in hope that this device was what I actually needed. With a smile, she began searching through her bag and quickly grasping a purple box that fit snugly in her hands. She held it out to me with a gentle nod saying,
"I bought these guys fresh this morning, you can have them. I don't start untill next week anyway."

Taking the box with a hesitant nod, I bowed to her to show my gratitude.
"Thank you so much." I said softly.
"No problem! It's always a pleasure to help a woman in need." She explained to me with another friendly smile before patting my shoulder gently and walking off towards her hotel room number.

Once the lady was out of sight, I instantly ran to the public bathroom. I stared at the box in my hand for a good five minutes as I tried to figure out what it was and how it worked. I read the instructions multiple times before actually trying to work the thing. I had to fit myself in a small unlit bathroom stall and somehow still be able to see the badly illustrated pictured on the side of the box.

From what I understood, I first had to take off the sticky strip and then stick that side to the inside of my underwear so that the puffy part was facing my lower-regions. This way the puffy part would soak up the blood. This was not much different from wrapping a towel under our area. I guess not much had changed in 1000 years after all.

Once I was settled, I went back to my hotel room and grabbed my backpack which I now noticed was in a different place to where I left it. I guess this was how Satoru figured it all out. He went through my stuff. I wasn't as angry or upset as I should have been. It is his life and he did have a right to know about his past.

After putting away the menstruation pads into my bag, I swung it ower my shoulder then made my way downstairs to where I knew the guys would be having breakfast. It didn't take me long to spot their table as the moment I entered the room, Yuuji began waving at me enthusiastically with a toast dangling at his mouth.

"Over here, (Y/n)-San!" He yelled, waving at me ever more as if I hadn't clearly already spotted him. With a chuckle, I walked towards him and his Sensei who was eating beside him calmly. It was crazy how calm and relaxed Satoru seemed right now. The way he lifted his head and offered me a unwavering smile just as he does every morning kind of scared me. It especially scared me knowing that I could still feel his emotions and I knew that he was still confused. I hadn't realised how much of good actor the man was. If I couldn't feel his emotions, I might have actually believed that smile to be true. But his casual acting unfortunately couldn't fool the one he wanted to fool the most. It was almost unfair.

I sat at the table as I greeted them both good morning, watching as Satoru slid a plate to me as I got comfortable.
"I saved you a plate." He told me simply before continuing to eat his omelette. The more I started thinking about it, the more his everday attitude was starting to bother me. Was I 100% sure that he knew about his connection to Toru? Did I misread his emotions? Was I still misreading his emotions? Impossible. My bag had been moved and it was clear he went through it. If he did then he must have read Toru's scroll and gotten to the same conclusion as I did.

"So what will be we be doing today, Satoru-Kun?" I asked him, trying to stop myself from overthinking this.
"I was thinking maybe some hand to hand combat training. You haven't learn how to physically protect your self yet, so this might be a good time to start." He told me casually, making Yuuji jump in excitement. I think Yuuji just loved to train in general. I just nodded at Satoru, only half paying attention to what he was saying.

How long would he keep this casual act going?

(A.N ~ My plane literally landed 3 hours ago in the Uk. I got home two hours ago and the first thing I wanted to do was update lmao. I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. The jjk plot is gonna be abit delayed since i needed to fit something else in before the kyoto event starts up. But dw the next few chapter are gonna be really interesting! I'm excited for you guys to see what I have planned and I kind hope you dont hate me for it lol! Vote & Comment!)

Chapter 57 Quote Teaser :

"Oh my! Sukuna, you should try this! It's heavanly!"