Library of Hearts ~ Ch51

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

The gates infront of us opened slowly, seeming to welcome us into the dark depths of hell. It should have been so scary for me yet somehow, I felt so welcomed. I knew this was my domain. I didn't know exactly how I knew or what this domain's purpose even was but I knew it was mine. And that fact was all I needed to know in order to walk through the gates confidently, without the fear of dying.

Looking to my left, I noticed that my previous attacker was no longer charging at me in slow motion but rather walking beside me hesitantly through the giant gates. Once we both made it through the gates, the man beside me flinched at the loud slamming noise as the gates closed shut behind us. He seemed on edge, timid and scared as he worried on where he actually was.

Withinin the next few seconds, the dark void ground beneath us began paving itself. Shining marble floors began replacing the dark nothingness we were stepping on. Once the floor was completly paved, we watched small glass chests begin stacking themselves adjacent to each other with enough space for a road inbetween the two columns. While the chests were forming, a red carpet rolled down the floor and continued to roll as far as the eye could see. Then black marble pillars began rising but there was only one that really caught my eye, the one in the centre of this endless hallway that was too tall to even see the top of.

Once the glass chests finally stacked themselves up, ladders were placed on either side of us ready for use. And lastly, all at once a red glow shone on us. The glow came from the sudden appearance of the millions of hearts that were contained in each and every stacked glass chest. The floor beneath us then began vibrating at the pace of all the beating hearts that laid in those chests. I found it beautiful. My own library of hearts...one that never ended.

"W-Where have you taken me?!" The old man asked with a frightened tone, too shocked to even move another step. I didn't answer his question. I wasn't sure if 'mine' would be a satisfactory answer. My feet began moving on their own, leading me down the red carpet to admire the endless columns and rows of hearts that laid before my very eyes. Behind me, I could hear the old man stumble on his steps to catch up to me as I moved. I guess he didn't want to be alone.

With pure fascination, I strayed off of the pathway and began walking towards a column of chests to my left. My eyes were fixated on the certain heart infront of me that drawed my attention. None of the chests seemed to have a label or any sort of information on them, yet somehow I knew the name...Aoi Todo. Who even was that?

"Hey, l-lady. There's a plaque." The old man stuttered from behind me. It seemed to me that ever since we entered this domain, that he suddenly lost all feelings of aggresion towards me. I mean, he wasn't trying to kill me anymore when he seemed perfectly happy to do so a few minutes ago. Fear and confusion was all he could feel now.

Turning around cautiously, I realised that he was pointing towards the abnormally large pillar that did indeed have a large plaque on it that I hadn't noticed before. We then both walked towards it and stood infront of it with furrowed brows, beginning to read what seemed like instructions. The writing on the plaque was carved in cursive lettering and practically glowing infront of us.

Welcome all,

You are now in the domain of (Y/n) Atsuhira, daughter of Yuta Atsuhira. Those who enter her domain are subject to only one way out. To leave this realm, you must find your heart among the 7.8 billion that lay here within these chests around you. There is no way to directly obtain your heart other than through the process of trail and error. To do so you must reach into your chest, which is currently hollow, to place the chosen heart inside. Every insertion of your chosen heart will bring you immense pain which will increase after every extraction of each failed heart. Moreover after every insertion or extraction, your wound will heal.