Proposition ~ Ch28

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"Well go on. 'Spill the tea' as the kids say these days." I said with a giggle, copying something I heard Nobara say during the short time we've spent together. I shuffled infront of Satoru and sat cross legged infront of him whilst he kept his position with his knee up and back against the tree. He couldn't keep back a chuckle at my words, probably not understanding where I learnt the phrase from.

"Aren't you basically a kid too?" He mused with a raised brow, clearly teasing me. He knew my age since I read that plaque aloud infront of him.
"I am 21 years old thank you, a young adult...Or a 1021 year old lady...I guess it depends on how you look at it." I mumbled out, getting more and more confused as I tried to figure out my own age.

The teacher burst out in laughter, slapping the ground as he let it out. He was practically dieing of laughter with his face turning pink. I guess he found my confusion funny. It took a few minutes for him to calm down and collect himself.

"Well Miss Young adult, I don't have 'tea to spill'. But I do have a proportion to make." He started, crossing his arms over his chest as he spoke. Hair was layered over his eyes as he looked into mine, making things more dramatic. What proposition could he possibly make? Was it to do with Sukuna? Or Yuuji maybe? I couldn't figure out what it is that he could possibly want. The man took a few moments of silence before continuing with a sly smirk on his face for dramatic effect. He knew I was freaking out on the inside trying to depict his proposition.

"Become my apprentice." He asked me with an all-serious expression. I froze in spot, staring at him with wide eyes. Did he just say he wanted me to become his apprentice? As in he become my mentor? This was not the proposition I thought would come out of his lips.
"A-Apprentice?" I repeated in slight shock. He nodded with an amused chuckle. Part of my hoped I heard him wrong but the other half...I wasn't sure what the other half felt like.

"Yep." He said whilst popping the p befofe continuinh to explain, "You'd be able to partake in the Exchange event along with the other first years."
Satoru said all of these word to me like they were nothing but to me they held depth behind them. Becoming his apprentice, even taking part in the exchange event...That all meant that I was one step closer to becomeing a sorcerer. I refuse to become the very thing that ruined my life and forced me here to start anew.

I chuckled nervously as his offer, shaking my head simultaneously as I waved my hands dismissingly at him.
"I'm q-quite alright with sitting out, thank you." I stuttered out, rejecting his offer without thinking too much about it. His jaw dropped slightly before he leaned his head back against the tree with a sigh in a way that told me he was about to say something that he didn't originally plan to say. I bet he didn't think I'd reject his offer.

"I'm going to be honest with you..." The Gojo started. His eyes were closed in annoyance but something tells me it was not annoyance with me. This piqued my interest, making me lean forward in anticatipation as I waited for him to speak.
"The higher ups don't know that you're here." He admitted with a slight frustration to his tone. I didn't know too much about the higher ups. Only that they were good at jujutsu and they were well respected in this hierarchy in the sorcerer world.

"They have no clue about the deal I've made with Sukuna and once they see some random girl on campus who isn't a jujustu sorcerer, they're going to start asking questions." Satoru explained with a slight sigh. I could tell just by the way one of his fists curled up in anger, how much he truly hated the higher ups. He reminded me of Sukuna in a way by the way they both clenched their fists in anger...Though when Sukuna done it, he usually draws blood.

But still I didn't get why this was such a big deal to Satoru. There is an easily solution to this problem of his.
"Then why don't you tell them?" I suggested. What I didn't expect was for his gaze to suddenly turn sharp as looked me in the eyes once again.
"Because they would kill you instantly." He said with a deadly tone, looking at me with sombre eyes that made me gulp uncomfortably.

Shaking my head lightly, I brushed the fear that attempted to wash over me.
"I see...So you want me to pose as your apprentice to avoid that scenario." I concluded, slowly putting the pieces together in my head. The blue eyed man nodded in response before saying,
"Precisely. Our cover would be that your my personal apprentice and that I mentor you in my own time. That's why you're not an official student here but you're participating in the Kyoto Event so that I can evaluate your progress. I'm sure they would buy that." He explained carefully, going through every little detail with me slowly so that I would easily comprehend.

I understood his words with ease but it was still alot to take in. I didn't really want to be associated in the practice of sorcerer jujustsu. It scared me that I would get too attached to their ways as I sometimes do. Satoru took my silence as hesitantion to agree which it was so he seemed to quickly pull out an unplanned plan B.

"Or you could stay with Nanami during the Exchange event and the time that the higher-ups stay with us." He offered, trying to not make me feel pressured into saying yes. Efforts were made hut decisions also had to be made. It was hard knowing that it wad all up to me. I wasn't used to making my own decisions. I guess this is why Satoru wanted us to both go somewhere far. A place that nobody could influence my choices, mainly Sukuna.

"I'd rather be with Sukuna." I told him confidently, instantly shutting down his plan B. Now only leaving plan A in talks. Satoru huffed at my words but nodded knowingly.
"I thought you'd say that." He said with a slight pout. I wasn't sure whether he was pouting at the fact I mentioned Sukuna or the fact I didn't want to stay with Nanami. Before I could agree to anything, something crossed my mind.

"You're missing a key detail here, Toru. I have no control over any once of cursed energy that I may have. It would be pretty obvious that I'm inexperienced especially for being the 'secret apprentice of Special Grade Sorcerer Satoru Gojo'." I pointed out, picking at the tiny flaws of his plan. A cheshire-like grin spread across his face, telling me that he had already thought this through.

"That is why I'm going to train you. It might be a little scuffed considering we only have a little less than two months to get you to a reasonable level. But if I mainly teach you how to direct your cursed energy rather than control it, we could get it done in time." He proposed, offering me a grin and a inviting raised brow. His eyes were telling me to accept his offer but I was still hesitant.

"What do you mean by 'direct it'?" I asked him curiously. He pouted once again, probably hoping I'd say yes now.
"I would teach you how to direct your cursed energy into a cursed object or weapon that would basically do the fighting for you. Something like Nobara's knives or even the cursed dolls that Yuuji used to practice his control." Satoru answered, making me think back to the two jujustu users to remember the items they used. Once I remembered the examples that he gave, I let out a sigh and an amused smile.

"You've really thought this out." I said, still a slight smils on my face as I got ready to tell him my answer.
"I have." He confirmed with a half smile. So finally after taking in a breath, I said to him,

"Then I accept."

(A.N ~ Jsjsjskaihsh what did you think? Love me or hate me for it? I still love u guys tho. Anyways vote & comment! I updated two days in a row, you gotta reward meeee!)

Chapter 29 Quote Teaser :

"That fool is solving all of my problems along with his own."