THEODORE

I dropped Diana back down and she spun around and faced me. She smiled wide, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. She leaned her head against mine and we stood there for a moment.

"Have you been drinking?" I asked.

"A little bit but what's the disadvantage. We're at a party." She gleamed. "By the way where were you this whole time?" Diana asked.

"Believe it or not, there's always a lot do work to do when preparing for a huge party. I was working until 8 and got ready quickly and now here I am." I said and spread my arms.

"Well you cleaned up nicely. The suit is nice." Diana commented as she ran her hand across my shoulders and down my arms.

"So did you. The dress is nice." I replied, nonchalantly. She looked absolutely stunning unlike any girl I had ever seen but I couldn't say that. I would sound weird and obsessive.

"Mom wanted me to play at the Piano but I chose not to." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Doesn't matter." I replied. It was so I could be with you.

I moved back and extended my hand.
"Shall we dance?"

She smiled and nodded as I took her hand and twirled her into my arms.
We fell in step, letting the rhythm control our movements. All the scenery and people around us dissolved. It was her and I, alone.
Her sugary eyes glistened, and a smile spread across her beautiful face.
Uncontrollable feelings surged through my body, and my fingers tingled in delight. My hand brushed across her cheek. My body was acting on its own, no chains to hold me back from this pure paradise.
I drew her close to my chest, and she wrapped her arms around my neck.
Her dark locks fell over her eyes, like a curtain blocking out the sunlight. I desired to see her as she was, not hidden behind anything.

She began to withdraw her hand to brush away her hair, but my hand clutched onto hers. I carefully laid her thin hand on my shoulder and delicately tucked the strand of hair behind her ear, and her eyes twinkled back at me in greeting.

Her lips went to my ear as she whispered ever so softly.
"You know how to be romantic, Mr. Lavigne." She remarked. A spark in her eyes I got lost in, my mouth drying.
She turned around and walked to the drinks table, leaving me standing in the middle of the dance floor trying to process what just happened and resisting the immense urge to stare at her bare back.

༻✧༺

Diana and I stood to the side of the ball room in a comfortable silence but that was just what I told myself it was, what we both said to our hearts to calm them from the electricity in the air between us even when we stood 2 metres apart.

We watched as Marcel and Lorraine danced together on the dance floor surrounded by a number of different couples. My brother was smiling like a man who won a jackpot. It was nice seeing him this insanely happy.

"I saw them shagging like animals only a couple hours ago. Had to bleach my eyes after that unfortunate sight." Diana said as she sipped on her Shirley Temple, a new drink she had requested from the bar team which was sure to make its way in the permanent drinks menu seeing the amount of popularity it had amongst the children and teenagers of the village.

I looked at her through the corner of my eye. She looked disgusted recalling the memory but even then she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Her full lips wore a pink gloss tonight. She wore a thin gold necklace around her neck. I tried hard not to lower my eyes further but couldn't help glance at her exposed cleavage under the V neck line of her emerald green dress.
I looked away, ashamed that I caught myself staring at her inappropriately and the exceedingly inappropriate thoughts that my mind succumbed to.