chapter 16

"Shit. I am gonna be late.  " Gulf mumbled under his breath running around his room getting ready for school.

It takes more time for mew's house to reach school compared to his own house. Also, he had to drop Avi in the way too. His room is situated on the floor. Going up and down the stairs every day making him even more tired. Apart from all of this, Every time he walks through that guest room he got that stupid feeling in his heart. He is so close to calling quits and running out of here. But there is also something more like someone that is making him stay remain here.

Yup. It's mew.  He is being more caring. More loving. Every time mew did something good for him, Gulf could not help but think how it gonna be if he stayed with him forever. Give him another chance and earn a family. His own family. That thought made his heart flutter. The fact he considers that thought is alerting him. It's not even been a month but he is already starting to change his mind. There is no lie when he said mew had a lot of effect on him.

He sighed throwing a bag over his shoulder rushing out of his room. Buttoning his shirt.

"Avi! Have you finished eating your breakfast?"  Gulf shouted walking towards the stairs with his hand busy buttoning his shirt.

His eyes are fixed on his shirt that he did not realize he reached the stairs.  The sudden downward of the ground made him scream in fear.

"Oh my God!" He shouted half expecting to roll down the stairs as he tried to catch on the glass railing of the stairs.

Just before his hands touched the railing his body was already pulled steady by none other than his ex-husband.

Gulf eyes went wide as he panted clutching onto mew.

"Oh my.." Gulf sighed putting his palm over his racing heart.

"Are you okay?" Mew asked worriedly cupping gulf cheek.

"Love?" Mew called again taking on the gulf's frightened look.

"Yeah..yeah.I am good " Gulf sighed closing his eyes to take deep breathes.

"Papa!"  Gulf opened in terrified as he heard his son's voice running up the stairs.

"Omg! Stop running on this goddam stairs!" Gulf shouted but Avi already ran to him hugging his torso.

"Hey. It's okay, love. Calm down " Mew said softly pulling him into a hug.

Avi hugged them both from below.

"These stairs are the death of me one-day" gulf whispered as he hugged new back.

"Don't say it like that." Mew scolded rubbing his hands over his back.

After a minute, gulf finally pulled back even though all he wanted to do right now is hug him. But he is work to attend. Avi who was still leaching to their legs pulled back to get a chuckle from his parents.

Gulf stopped laughing once he felt a mew hand on his stomach. When looked up at mew, his heart did a little flip at that expression. He is looking at gulf like he was the world.

"Are feeling good this morning, love?" Mew asked rubbing little circles over gulf stomach. Like he was talking to the baby.

"I am feeling alright and the baby too"  Gulf said smiling at the end.

Avi who was staring at gulf's stomach started to remember the words mew said about the baby to him on the first day.

"Papa? When does the baby gonna wake up from sleep and come out?" Avi asked getting both of his parent's attention.