t w e n t y t h r e e

Start from the beginning

She eyed a group of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff third years taking advantage of the snowfall, creating a snowman fit with a blue Ravenclaw scarf and a red beanie. It's face was awkwardly  fashioned out of a box of Bertie Box Every Flavoured beans, which were now laying abandoned at its base, and it's arms utilising two of the student's wands. 

"Hey Fred," said Persephone as she nudged him in the ribs and pointed to the misshaped mess of snow and beans, "They made one that looks like you!" 

"Ha ha very funny," muttered Fred as he leant down. 

Knowing what was coming, Persephone ripped her hand away from his and began her escape down the street at a run. She wasn't quite quick enough though, as a cold ball of white snow white the back of her head. She sensed her hair go instantly go white from the contact, and with a yell of indignation, she also ducked down to grab a fistful off the icy snow. 

Turning around, she flung it in the direction of the red-headed boy, missing his head but managing to knock off his knitted beanie. As he turned around to get it, she scooped up another handful to throw, this time managing to make contact against his face. 

"Ah-ha!" she laughed, watching him fall to the ground as the snowball crashed against his skin.

Quickly, she jumped over the short stone fence that enclosed the rarely used road to the town's park. Ducking behind a hedge, she collected a pile of snowballs, ready to throw at the boy who was looking for her.

"You can't hide from me forever Seph," came his jovial voice from around the side of Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop. 

Giggling to herself, she lifted her head so she could just see over the wall, eyeing him sneaking around the corner. Through the crowd that had gathered to watch their altercation, she saw him only seconds before his eyes landed on her. With her gloved hands tingling with the cold, she grabbed two of the pre-made icy bullets, throwing them both at Fred just as he threw one at her.

Her laughter echoed through the street as yet another snowball smashed against his flushed skin, the other making contact with his right shoulder. Unfortunately, in her moments of laughter, Fred managed to launch not one, not two, but three snowballs in her direction. 

It was too late to duck, instead she just knelt there as one hit her stomach and another hit her left shoulder. Thankfully, the other one smashed against the wall in front of her. Just as she went to get to her feet, a fourth hit her square in the face. She ignored the stinging sensation tingling her face, and reached into her jean pocket, from which she pulled out her wand. Flicking it in Fred's direction, she laughed as half a dozen snowballs appeared from the tip and flew in his direction, pelting his body. 

"That's cheating!" he cried. 

Stepping over the wall that separated them, he quickly approached Persephone, dodging the snowballs that were still escaping her wand in rapid succession. In a blur, he reached forward to grab her wand, snatching it off her victoriously. 

The crowd that had began to form cheered as he waved it above his head in victory, before aiming it at her. She turned around to run, but was faced with the wall of the shop. To her left was the wall, and her right was a large pond that had frozen over with a thin layer of sparkling blue ice. 

She was trapped. 

Persephone struggled against his hands as he tried to trap her against the wall of the shop. Laughing, she tried to push away his body, which proved a mistake as he gripped onto her wrists. Lifting them above her head, he had successfully managed to pin her against the wall. Icy cold slush began to pour down the back of her neck as Fred laughed manically. 

"TRUCE, TRUCE!" called Persephone in a fit of laughter, pushing Fred away in attempt to escape the ice trapped behind her neck.

"I won," smirked Fred, as he moved back to give her some room, "Even with you resorting to cheating." His face was flushed red, from the cold or excitement Persephone did not know, and his lips tinged lightly with blue. The red hair that usually framed his face instead hung limp on his forehead, saturated with defrosted snow.

"You may of won but you look like a drowned Scabbers" 

Fred laughed as he outstretched an arm to affectionately tug at a lock of her still white hair, with his touch it transformed back into its usual copper toned brown. "If you're calling me a drowned rat I think you need to look in a mirror."

The crowd dispersed as they brushed off the snow from their thick coats, obviously noting that the entertainment had stopped for the afternoon. 

"You've got some on your nose", pointed Fred as he leaned forward, pressing his cold lips against the tip of her nose. 

She felt her cheeks go red, and hoped for her own sake that they were already tainted with pink from the cold and the snowball she received in the face only minutes ago. 

His gloved hand found hers as the pair set back down the cobblestone path in the direction of the green honeydukes building. Her head, already feeling like it was full of cotton wool from the cold, ached at the idea of bracing the sickly smell of the busy storefront. 

"Actually, if you don't want to go, could we just go to straight to the Three Broomsticks?"

Fred nodded as she spoke, "Yeah that's all good, I still have a mountain of sweets left over from Christmas. That's if Lee hasn't eaten them all on me yet, the bloody food vacuum that he is."

"So are you!" chuckled Persephone as she looked up at him.

"I am nothing like Lee"

Persephone pretended to agree with him, "sure sure, whatever you say Hades."

+ + + 

sorry its short lmaooo and sorry for the wait also lmaoooo

i will be off uni in a few weeks though so expect loads of updates then xxx

love u always, 

tilda xxxxx