chapter 2

After school, I drug my feet to the parking lot and low and behold- Cheerleaders! Surrounding Jason's stinking Ford truck (it takes up about two spaces). If there was one thing I was not going to do was wait for them to part like the Red Sea. This probably isn't one of my best ideas but I started to walk the 11 miles to Bradley Quinn's house in the rain. It wasn't my house but it was his.

     So I started my trek to the house in squeaky shoes. Out of lack of entertainment I sent Mom and Jason a text saying I got a ride from a friend ans not to worry about finding me dead in a dumpster. After a few blocks I see Cole in his car with a few friends driving up the street. What is up with this guy? He has a penchant for finding at least one body part that is soaked. I only hope that my text books aren't getting wet.

     Cole slows his car when he recognizes me. Incredibly he rolls down his window and leans out getting his hair and the car interior all wet. There's a girl that's sitting behind him and she obviously complained because Cole glanced at her. This was a girl sitting at Cole's table.

      "Do you have some life commitment to soak your clothes?" He calls from the window.

      "Do you have to always be around when my clothes get soaked?" I retort.

      "Didn't Jason offer you a ride? I mean, you are his step-sister and all," Cole said, reminding me yet aggain our ill-concieved conversation by my locker.

     "I love walking home in the rain. I don't even mind when my fabulous shoes get soaked through and through even though my mother protests vehemently," I said simply and received bursts of laughter from his friends.

     "Don't you know how suicidal it is to wak in rain like this?" called the girl from the back. The girl was certainly pretty and obviously brave. She had fair hair and all sorts of streaks in her short spikey hair. She was thin but had mega-boobs I was surprised they didn't drag her down as she got out to the car and told me to get in.

     "Thanks, but no thanks. You see I try not to get into cars with people I've met only for a day and besides I don't even know what your names are." I said shivering because it suddenly felt cold and bereft.

      "My name is Gina Lakins and this dumb kid beside me is Will Parker. Now get in here! My ass is being frozen as we speak!" She practically yelped when Will pulled her inside and effectively shutting the door while holding Gina.

     "Lexus, just get in here. I'll drive you home after I drop off these two yahoos." Cole Fairly growled at me. Slightly panicked at the sound of his voice, I head over to the passanger seet in pretty good timing since my shoes are filled with water. I glance at what type of car it is- it's chevy made. To me Chevy= safe enough to get in.

     "Why, don't you have an aversion to clothes gettin soaked? Most people do." Will lazily asked from the back seat.

     "Oh, I just love water. When I was three I would run out in the rain in my pjs. when I was five I would, after every rainstorm, jump into every puddle that was in my path... much to mother's dismay I still do it." I explained simply.

     "Eww! I don't like going out in the rain unless it's a mad dash to get my Twix on Saturday- and believe me I need Twix like a starving man needs food, a suffocating man needs oxygen, or like a dehydrated man needs water." Gina replied.

       "Why do you need Twix so desperately?" I mused aloud.

      "Because, she is addicted to chocolate." Will answered "I once proposed an intervention with Cole and Muse- but Gina totally flew off the handle. All I said and I quote, 'Gina, you are becoming obsessed- this is an intervention.' It wasn't like I told her that she would die in seven days."