Chapter Seven: Schools Out

"We're gonna fail this project, Blake." "PFFT! As if! I'm telling you this baking soda volcano is our ticket to the top of the class!" Aaron skeptically eyed over the chipping brown paint coated over a thick shiny layer of tin foil. "Why did you put relish all over the base of the mountain?" "Those are bushes!" Eve pointed to the thin sheet of paper sitting under the monstrosity of a project. "Why did you use paper as the base?! Won't it dissolve as soon as we pour the vinegar and baking soda in?"

Blake pushed her away. "I'll just pour the baking soda in first obviously! Christ your all a bunch of heretics! Why didn't you guys say anything BEFORE we put the project together!?" Aaron shoved his face in his hands as he counted the number of brain cells he just lost talking to Blake. "Look if you guys wanna bailout I can present the project myself." Aaron's face lit up. "YES! Yes! YOU can present this thing to the class!" Aaron pointed at Noah who until now was mouth deep in a bag of cool ranch Doritos. "Even he knows this is the stupidest thing to ever be created by humanity!"

Noah didn't answer but instead shoved another handful of chips in his mouth. "Okay! Be that way! But don't get mad at me when you guys get a zero on this!" "Yeah, a ZERO is gonna be better than whatever your gonna get for bringing THAT to class." Annoyed Blake shoved Aaron out of the way his pace quickening as he turned the knob to enter the classroom. "Locked...guess we ARE late huh?" Eve face-palmed her tolerance with Blake wearing thin. "We wouldn't be late if YOU hadn't started a pencil war on the bus and got the whole bus sent to detention!"

Noah spoke through his loud munching. "Still don't-" CRUNCH "Understand how they got the whole bus to fit in the principal's office at once..." Slowly the classroom door opened someone having finally noticed the group's approach. Now came the worst part of arriving to class late...everyone awkwardly staring at you for no apparent reason.

As expected, Aaron and the others all caught shifty looks on the way inside a trademark of entering class behind schedule. "Well look who FINALLY decided to come to class! You were supposed to be presenting first where were you lot?" "Detention." Blake quickly answered before setting the baking soda volcano down on a nearby desk. "Oh really?" The teacher adjusted her stance clearly trying to seem as disapproving as possible. "And might I ask why you were in detention?" "Well you see, Blake-" Aaron was quickly cut off by Eve. "War-mongering."

Who said it was wrong to hit a lady again? "War-mongering? That's your excuse! What are you, war criminals!?" Noah stuffed his empty bag of chips into his pocket his orange dust-covered fingers signifying the end of his snack. "I mean technically we're not really war criminals we're-" Aaron seethed through gritted teeth. "Nail me to the cross! STOP. TALKING." The teacher slammed her fist on the board her patience quickly exhausted. "Get up here before I give you all a fat zero." Aaron rolled his eyes and fell in tow behind his group mates. She might as well give us a zero...

Now standing front and center Noah, Eve, and Aaron stood awkwardly while Blake struggled to get the slide projector running. "Hurry up, they're all waiting..." Aaron whispered right before the screen flared to life the title slide marking the beginning of what just might be the worst project in human history. The other three team members stepped back to give Blake the spotlight a smart move by many accounts. "It's your show, Blake! Entertain the masses." Aaron mocking said followed by Eve nodded richly. "Yes, show them your stupidity please," I swear I can't tell if she's being sarcastic or if she's really that socially inept. You never know with this one...

Blake shrugged and walked to the front. "Alright then! Watch and you might learn something plebs." Blake plopped the tin foil monstrosity on the table any hope for a good grade dying as he reached for the baking soda. "As you all know in nature there these things called Volcanoes." Blacked winked at his teammates just to receive glares in return. "Basically they're giant mounds of dirt that shoot lava, not to be confused with magma into the air and-" "We already know what a Volcano is!!" someone shouted to which applause was given.